Things to do in San Antonio
The San Antonio Riverwalk draws hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Dine, shop, and stroll down the beautiful winding path to experience the true culture of this city. This fifteen-mile waterway along the San Antonio River is a city treasure and the largest urban ecosystem in the country! Tucked in the downtown area just steps away from the famous Alamo, the Riverwalk provides the best way to discover the area. Explore attractions like the Alamo, take a boat tour along the river, shop at the local spots, and try the mouthwatering local restaurants. The possibilities at the Riverwalk are endless! It is a must-do while you are in the area.
Since San Antonio has so much history, it is no surprise that it is home to so many museums. From history to art, you will find it all.
- Witte Museum
- San Antonio Museum of Art
- Buckhorn Saloon & Museum
- Institute of Texan Cultures
- Guinness World Records Museum
McNay Art Museum
- Texas Ranger Museum
Heading to San Antonio with kids? These parks are great places to spend quality time with the whole family!
- Six Flags Fiesta: This park is home to thrill rides, family rides, kids rides, and water rides as well as live shows. Six Flags Fiesta Texas encompasses more than 200 acres of land; and with 49 total rides, Six Flags will have you and your family reeling for hours on end. You will also find many foods and shopping options available as well. With a little something for everyone, Six Flags San Antonio is sure to give you the good time you were looking for!
- Sea World: Discover the fascinating marine life at the family-friendly theme park, SeaWorld, where thrilling rides, exciting adventures, and enchanting encounters with some of the world’s most amazing creatures are always right around the corner. In addition to the interactive exhibits, backstage tours, delicious eateries, and exciting rides, the shows also offer breathtaking majestic saltwater creatures like beluga whales, killer whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions, and more! Not only will you be amazed at what these awe-inspiring animals can do, but you’ll also have the opportunity to learn all about life underneath the ocean.
San Antonio Zoo
This zoo sits on more than fifty acres and features more than 750 different animal species. With animals from all around the globe, from alligators to zebras and giraffes and everything in between, there is sure to be an exhibit to excite every member of the family. Complete with an interactive butterfly garden, amazing shows, and a petting zoo, the San Antonio Zoo leaves little to be desired. A few of the exhibits include Bear Corner, Cat Grotto, Africa Plains, Savanna, Outpost Amazonia, and Big Cat Valley.
Other popular tourist attractions include the San Fernando Cathedral, the natural bridge, natural bridge caverns, the children's museum, Splashtown San Antonio, the wildlife ranch, Legoland Discovery, the Menger Hotel, the mirror maze, and so much more. You should also consider taking a guided tour of the area so that you can learn more! Of course, you also cannot take a trip without taking the chance to visit the Alamo.