McNay Art Museum
Take an adventure in San Antonio into the world of fine art at the McNay Art Museum, the first modern art museum in the State of Texas! The museum is appropriate for all ages, and is handicap accessible. Non-flash photography is permitted, and there is an on-site gift shop. Set among palatial and breathtaking gardens, this 24-room colonial-revival style mansion houses over 20,000 unique works of art. The building's architecture alone is something spectacular to see, but the art inside is truly a wonder to behold.
The private collection of Marion Koogler McNay is in its original condition. McNay's personal collection is primarily comprised of 19th and 20th-century paintings from famous European and American artists, such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, and Paul Cezanne. In addition to McNay's massive collection, this museum exhibits an astounding collection of photographs and prints, medieval and renaissance art, sculptures, and even a theater arts display. Art lovers revel in spending time at the McNay Art Museum, and usually spend about an hour to two hours viewing the exhibits. Come see what all the excitement is about!
Receive the best deals for your vacation and plan all of your activities and lodging with a getaway package to San Antonio, Texas.
About Your TicketThe McNay Art Museum is available as part of the San Antonio Explorer Pass, which allows you to combine 3 or 5 attractions with one simple pass. Check out the San Antonio Explorer Pass for more information.
- What is included in the admission price for McNay Art Museum?
Admission includes viewing over 20,000 works of art and breathtaking palatial gardens.
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend at McNay Art Museum?
Most people spend 1-2 hours at the museum.
- Does McNay Art Museum accommodate languages other than English? If so, which languages?
Spanish tours can be arranged by calling the museum in advance.
- What amenities are available?
There is a gift shop on site.
- Does McNay Art Museum offer headsets or other special features?
Headphones are not provided, but you can bring headphones for your smart phone and listen to the smart phone guided tour from the museum's app.
- Are wheelchairs and strollers available?
Free wheelchairs are available.
- Is McNay Art Museum handicap accessible?
- Is photography & video recording allowed?
Non-flash photography is permitted.
- For what ages is McNay Art Museum appropriate?
The museum is appropriate for all ages.
- Is parking available at McNay Art Museum?
Free parking is provided.