The Great Passion Play
Since 1968, The Great Passion Play Arkansas has amazed nearly 8 million visitors from across the world at this amazing amphitheater attraction! Behold as scripture comes alive in a three-story-high outdoor amphitheater the size of two football fields, setting the story of Jesus' life to a huge stage during this Passion Play Eureka Springs Arkansas production. Watch in awe and reverence as Jesus gains a following before being betrayed by Judas. Grieve as Jesus gives up his life for your sins as he is crucified on the cross, and rejoice when he arises from the tomb in his holy resurrection. You can witness the story of Jesus Christ as he experiences life, performs many miracles, and spreads the word of God. A great experience for the entire family, this heartwarming play is one you must see!
About the Passion Play Arkansas in Eureka Springs
Explore the culture, history, and people of ancient Middle East in the time in which Jesus was raised on this outstanding bus tour and Eureka Springs Passion Play. Visit replicas of biblical scenes including the room where the Last Supper took place, and a full-sized replica of the Tabernacle. Encounter characters roaming around and hear true dialogue from the times of Moses to Christ just as if you were currently living in Biblical times. You can pet the live animals in the petting zoo, walk down the trail to the various landmarks, and interact with the exhibits. You can also walk or be shuttled to the Christ of the Ozarks: a 1500-foot statue nestled between the gorgeous Ozark mountains. This outdoor drama allows visitors of all ages to learn the epic drama and witness the greatest story ever told all brought to life before your eyes via talented actors and actresses, sound effects, and special lighting effects. Bear witness to the greatest Biblical story of all time; with over 150 elaborately costumed actors, and live birds and animals, this Eureka Springs play is sure to impress and dazzle the entire family.
Visit the New Holy Land Exhibit Tour, see the Passion Play Eureka Springs, and browse the many museums here at this divine theater. You may customize your experience and select a ticket for The Great Passion Play only, The New Holy Land Tour only, The Great Passion Play & New Holy Land Exhibit combo, or The Great Passion Play & New Holy Land Exhibit combo with Dinner included. Regardless of which selection you make, you will experience the story of Jesus and Christianity unfold in one of the most wondrous Passion Plays in Arkansas. The Great Passion Play Eureka Springs has been performed for thousands upon thousands of Eureka Springs AR visitors, so do not miss out!
- Bible Museum: Make sure you take a visit here to observe the many rare pieces in this museum, such as the first bible to be completely translated into English, Coverdale's Bible. Get an up close look at several other exceptional bibles in this museum including a 1st edition original 1611 King James Version, Martin Luther's German Translation, Greek New Testament by Erasmus published in 1516, and William Tyndale's New Testament.
- The Creation History Museum: This museum gives an insight to guests on the story of human creation and how the Bible plays a role in our history.
- Sacred Arts Gallery: A walk through the Bible Museum takes approximately 45 minutes, while you can explore the art gallery at your own pace. There are many hiking trails around the area as well, so you could spend so much time on the property with the whole family during your vacation to the beautiful Eureka Springs. The museums do not offer guided tours, allowing participants to peruse the museum at their own leisure, giving you an intimate access to the articles.
From Noah's Ark to Moses' Tabernacle and other Biblical artifacts, this museum as well as the Passion Play in Eureka Springs Arkansas offers insight into religion unlike any other collection in the world. Not only will visitors be able to see these fascinating articles during their time here, but they will also be delighted by a number of other attractions that call the Eureka Springs AR area home. Visit a petting zoo, enjoy the outdoor scenery, watch the drama unfold on the stage, and experience the land of the Lord unlike you have before when you make a day out of visiting the museum and performance! Of course, you can create an unforgettable package deal to see the drama by selecting a pre-made vacation package or booking your ventures alongside Eureka Springs lodging.
- Are wheelchairs available?
Yes, wheelchairs are available for free to use. First come first serve.
- Approximately how long is The Great Passion Play?
The play is about an hour and forty five minutes. The New Holy Land Tour is about two hours.
- Is photography allowed?
You can take photos on the grounds. Non-flash photography is allowed for the play. Remember, the play is copyrighted.
- What if it rains?
The play will be performed in the rain. The rest of the grounds will also be open still.
- Is the Amphitheater handicap accessible?
Yes, there is a ramp.
- What type of parking do you have?
Parking is free.