Lancaster Downtown History and Craft Beer Walk
Explore historic and charming downtown Lancaster on your visit to Lancaster County with a fun brewery tour. The tour kicks off at the hub of Lancaster — the colonial square — and highlights the concentration of historical sites spanning 3 centuries, all within just a couple of blocks. The nation's oldest, continuously operating farmers market and theater, the birthplace of the Conestoga wagon, homes of some of Lancaster's most famous citizens, colonial churches, and much more will be brought to life through stories, characters, art, and architecture. Learn the outsize role this small city played in the birth and growth of America as you stroll through charming streets and alleys and begin to understand the building blocks that lead to the present day. After the old city history walk, whet your whistle at some of Lancaster's finest craft beer establishments with a couple of beer tastings. Learn how much of the city's colorful past is tied to beer. From 19th-century German influence to amazing tales of prohibition ingenuity, the delicious beer flowing through the taps comes from the present day but reaches back across the last 200 years. With such a fascinating history to discover and flavorful beers to drink, this delightful tour is sure to be the highlight of your Lancaster, PA vacation!
- What is included in the admission price for Lancaster Downtown History and Craft Beer Walk?
It includes a guided city tour and two beer tastings.
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend at Lancaster Downtown History and Craft Beer Walk?
The experience lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Is photography & video recording allowed?
- For what ages is Lancaster Downtown History and Craft Beer Walk appropriate?
- Is parking available at Lancaster Downtown History and Craft Beer Walk? Is it free?
There is plenty of paid parking in downtown Lancaster.