2-Hour Salt Marsh Cruise from Folly Beach
Your 2-hour adventure begins at Sunset Cay Marina on Folly Island. After boarding the boat, you will travel up the Folly River into the salt marsh where you'll most likely be met by friendly Bottlenose Dolphins at the entrance of Robbins Creek. You'll cruise into Robbins Creek and then Cut-off Reach where oysters line the creek banks. As your captain slowly motors the boat over to the bank they will explain the roll and interplay of the flora and fauna along tidal creek bank.
Over the next 45-minutes, you'll head further into the estuary seeing both Folly and Lighthouse Creek. From here, see migrating birds and Bottlenose Dolphins while learning about the salt marsh. As the Old Charleston lighthouse comes into full view, your captain will stop at historic Morris Island. You can view Morris Island Lighthouse from the beach. For the next 30- to 45-minutes, you will explore this remote barrier Island and can even comb the beach for treasures. You may even see dolphins strand-feeding, a practice where a pod will heard a school of fish and then launch themselves onto the beach for a feast!
After, board the boat and cruise back up the Folly River to Sunset Cay Marina.
*3 person minimum on tours
* Call for additional times *
Pickup & Return:
Sunset Cay Marina.
Departure Times: (March 1 - Sept 30)
8am, 9:30am, 10:30am
- Professional guide
Does not include:
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A valid phone number must be included
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum of 3 people to take the boat out. If your selected timeslot is only two people you may be asked to switch to another time.
- Marina Parking is prohibited Friday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday. If your trip is on these days please park on the street just before the parking lot
- A maximum of 6 people per booking