Small-Group, 2-Hour Marsh Kayaking Eco-Tour in Charleston
If you are looking for the ultimate adventure then you will love this to our kayaking eco-tour why you are in Charleston. This will be the time of your life and it will be something fun and exciting for you to do. You will have a lot of memories and you will be able to say that you went to Charleston and had a lot of fun. This tour is led by a professional guide who will make sure you are having the time of your life and who was show you everything you need to know. This is also a family-friendly adventure so you can bring all the kids out for a day of fun and excitement. There are multiple options for departures as well so you don't have to worry about anything. If you are looking for the ultimate group tour then this is it. You will start at the launching area on Bowens Island and then you will start learning how to kayak.
This will be a special adventure for you and you will not want to miss out on it. The first step is learning how to kayak. If you don't know how to kayak then we will give you short instructions and make sure you are up to speed on kayaking before we set out on hour journey. It will be fun and simple and after you have been given instructions then it's time for you to get out and kayak. You will kayak to come waters to make sure that everything is fine.
This will be a wonderful adventure and your local guide will take you to some calm waters showing you beautiful animals and making sure you are having the time of your life.
Departing from a private launching area on Bowens Island, your trip starts with some kayaking instruction, safety discussion and an explanation of how to use the foot driven steering system on your kayak.
During your 2-hour guided eco-tour, you will explore Charleston's uninhabited creeks and marshes of the Low country. Travel through the saltwater estuary behind Folly Beach where you might see a variety of wildlife such as dolphins gracefully playing and feeding, wading birds, and pelicans exploring.
Your local guide will lead the group through beautiful coastal waterways, taking time to talk about and point out the local ecosystems, wide variety of wildlife species, fauna and flora. After spending time unwinding and relaxing, you will return to the original starting point at the end of the tour.
Pickup & Return:
Local office on Bowens Island Road, Charleston SC.
Returns to original departure point.
- All necessary kayaking equipment: kayak, paddle, personal flotation device, dry bag
- Local guide
Does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Bring: Water, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, shoes that can get wet
- A camera to document your adventure
- Minimum age requirement for a single kayak is 13 years old
- Children under age 13 are welcome when accompanied by an adult in a tandem kayak. One adult over age 18 must be in the tandem kayak with the child that is under the age of 13