Santa Fe 'Sip and Savor' Food Tour
The Santa Fe Sip and Savor food tour will take you across town, let you see the best parts of the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico, and allows you to see some of the best places to eat and drink. You run across bars that serve the best drinks, and you might come across the places that serve regional and international cuisine.
The tour guide is familiar with all the people on this tour who make the food, and they chat with you along the way about the places that they like the most. Each person that you speak to on this tour will be happy to offer you a taste, or you might get a sip of a drink when you stop by a gastropub. These locations are staffed by friendly locals, and you get to know the very well.
You learn about places to go when the tour is over, and you must be certain that you have a list of places you visited so that you can go back after. The tour guide explains the history of some of these old buildings, and they let you know which places they like most.
Get tickets online for a group discount, and make certain that you have read the map of the area. The map helps you learn how to get around the city, and you will find that this tour is more affordable than most.
The Sip and Savor food tour will change how you view food in this place, and you will meet nice people who might ask you out for a drink when the tour is over.
Meet at 1pm at the obelisk in the middle of the Santa Fe Plaza. Over the course of the tour, you'll walk approximately a mile and a half while visiting two sit-down restaurants, a winery tasting room, and one additional food or drink establishment.
What brings this tour to life is the stories behind the restaurants you'll get a chance to visit. You'll learn about how New Mexican food was shaped over centuries by a mixing of different culinary traditions. You will visit both Santa Fe's most traditional 'must eat at' Mexican/New Mexican restaurants as well as some of the newest, currently 'trending' restaurants.
A few favorite stops on this tour are:
- Cheesemongers of Santa Fe
- Gruet Winery Tasting Room
- Root Cellar Taproom and Gastropub
- El Callejon
Historical and cultural sights you will see include:
- Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis
- Loretto Chapel
- Santa Fe Plaza
- Palace of the Governors
- San Miguel Chapel
Pickup & Return:
Meet at the obelisk shaped war memorial located in the middle of the Santa Fe Plaza.
The tour ends one block south of the plaza.
Departure Times: 1:00pm
- Fun and knowledgeable local guide
- Two sit down food tastings
- One cheese tasting
- One wine tasting (non-alcoholic substitute available with advance notice)
Does not include:
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This is a walking tour. Moderate amount of walking required -- tour is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) long, but spread out between the four stops
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- It is recommended that you eat a large, late breakfast the day of the tour; Expect enough food to replace lunch, but also keep in mind the first tasting stop begins at about 1:30pm
- Must be 21 to consume alcohol
- Locations visited are subject to change
- Child policy: if you are bringing children under the age of seven they do not require tickets. The walking route for all tours is stroller accessible. However, please bear in mind there is good deal of walking and listening involved, and some younger children may lose interest. While our tours are experience based and highly engaging, the content is not specifically geared towards children. At this time we are also unable to offer 'kids menu' food items
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please advise if non-alcoholic drinks are requested at the time of booking
Book many other fun activities and attractions to enjoy today and make your vacation planning easier with great vacation package deals to Santa Fe, New Mexico.