Myrtle Beach, SC Outdoor Entertainment and Recreation
Myrtle Beach is the perfect vacation spot for the outdoor enthusiast. Visitors can enjoy the sprawling beaches, the tranquil gardens and the beautiful parks.
- When visiting Myrtle Beach, you'll definitely want to make a visit to Huntington Beach State Park. The park features a beach, freshwater lagoon, salt marsh, and a boardwalk for wildlife viewing. There are over 180 campsites for visitors and four picnic areas.
Family Kingdom Amusement Park
- Visit Family Kingdom Amusement Park and Water Park and get double the fun at these side-by-side water and amusement parks that are located right on the Grand Strand. Enjoy a water flume with a 185-foot drop or take a ride on the Swamp Fox, an all-wood rollercoaster and then hop onto the largest Ferris Wheel in the State.
- The complex sprawls out over 350 acres and is home to attractions such as Carousel Park, Myrtle Waves Water Park, Dragon's Lair Fantasy Golf and NASCAR Speedpark as well as over 100 different shops and restaurants, including Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock Cafe.
- What used to be a compilation of four rice plantations is now a sprawling garden of over 550 pieces of 19the and 20the century American sculptures. The garden is also home to over 2,000 variety of plants.
Grand Strand Beaches
- The Grand Strand area has over 60 miles of tranquil beaches to walk along, from Littleriver to Georgetown. There are numerous outdoor water activities to participate in and an endless amount of fun to be had.
Fishing and Water Sports
- Try your hand at deep sea fishing with Captain Dick's charter boats. You'll be able to catch the whoppers you've always dreamed of. They'll take you out into the deeper waters where a variety of fish are to be found.
- Why not take up sailing? Visit Downwind Sails and you can rent parasailing equipment, sailboats, banana boats and kayaks. You can even rent jet skis.
- For the golf lovers, there are endless opportunities in the area. You can hit the links at Myrtle Beach National, Long Bay Golf Club, Myrtlewood Golf Club, and Whispering Hills Golf Course--just to name a few.
- Myrtle Beach State Park is the perfect spot for hiking. The 300 acre park offers hiking trails, campgrounds, fishing and a visitor's center.
- Alligator Adventure is one of the most comprehensive reptile parks around. As you are guided through the swamps and marshes you will be able to observe lizards, turtles and giant frogs from all over the world. You'll also be able to see exotic birds. Most importantly, you'll come face to face with real live alligators.
MYRTLE BEACH SC
HOTELS & VACATION PACKAGES
MOST POPULAR THINGS TO DO
IN MYRTLE BEACH SOUTH CAROLINA