Private Tour of Mt. Rushmore & Flume Trail Hike
1-800-987-9852 Chat Now
look at this American gem! The Flume Trail Hike is an excellent choice for those interested in waterfalls and nature.
This private tour will start at the Mount Rushmore Information Center at the foot of Mt. Rushmore in Keystone, South Dakota. Then we'll continue onto the mountain, where you will visit all four Presidential faces, hike to a scenic overlook for some views of Custer State Park and Devil's Tower, and enjoy lunch at The Terrace Restaurant.
2. Activity Walkthrough
After a tour of the Mt. Rushmore museum, we will take the shuttle to the mountain. Here you will visit each presidential face: Hoover, Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Jefferson. On a clear day, you can see Devil's Tower from here, and looking directly behind them, you can get excellent views of Custer State Park. To complete this portion of the tour, we will travel down the mountain via a road built into the cliffside for motor vehicles. The route provides excellent panoramic views of the Black Hills and the surrounding landscape.
3. History & Highlights
Once on the mountain, you can gain views of Mt. Rushmore and the surrounding Custer State Park. You'll also visit a trail that follows the original path that United States President Theodore Roosevelt started when he hiked to the top of the mountain in 1903. Finish your tour by having lunch at The Terrace Restaurant, located atop the hill in a very scenic area.
Mount Rushmore is always a fun visit, and the Flume Trail hike is an excellent option as a bonus. It offers many scenic views of the Black Hills and can be a very challenging hike. It is a great way to work out and enjoy nature in one of America's most beautiful areas.
|Private Mount Rushmore and Flume Trail Hike|
|Available 2/2/2023 until 12/31/2023 View Detailed Schedule|
- What is included in the admission price?
Hotel pick-up and drop-off, lunch, light snacks, and water.
- What methods of transportation does the Private Tour of Mt. Rushmore & Flume Trail Hike use?
This is a bus tour.
- Is there any walking involved?
Yes. The tour includes a 3-mile hike on the Flume Trail.
- Approximately how long does the Private Tour of Mt. Rushmore & Flume Trail Hike last?
It lasts approximately 8 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Great for all ages. Visitors must be able to participate in a 3-mile hike.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc.
- Will there be time allotted for dining on the Private Tour of Mt. Rushmore & Flume Trail Hike?
- What sights will actually be visited while on the Private Tour of Mt. Rushmore & Flume Trail Hike?
Mt Rushmore, Sheridan Lake Dam, Flume Trail.
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Private Tour of Mt. Rushmore & Flume Trail Hike?
- Are any meals included?
Yes. Lunch as well as light snacks and water is included.