The Charleston Oyster Tour
Over the course of the tour, guests will visit 3 different oyster establishments and enjoy a variety of oysters and preparations, which may include steamed, pan-roasted, raw on the half-shell, fried, grilled, deviled, pickled, or Rockefeller. While you eat, you will learn about the anatomy of an oyster, where they come from, and why they taste so good! On your walk between restaurants, your guide will acquaint you with the diverse and cultured history of Charleston and the Lowcountry. The tour begins at The Oyster House on South Market Street where you will enjoy the first three oyster varieties. Next the group will stroll to Amen Street Raw Fish Bar where three more oysters are on the menu! Finally, the tour finishes at Pearlz Oyster Bar right when happy hour kicks off. Three more oysters will round out the tour along with the opportunity to imbibe in some of the best happy hour specials in town (don't miss out on their famous Oyster Shooter!). The tour ends only a few blocks from the famous Rainbow Row, the historic Battery, and the iconic Pineapple Fountain at Waterfront Park, so we are sure you will have plenty to explore!
Pickup & Return:
The Oyster House on Market.
Pearlz Oyster Bar located at 153 E Bay Street.
Departure Times: Thursdays at 2:00pm
- Food tasting
- Glass of Champagne
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Dietary Restrictions cannot be accommodated
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately