Beale Street Walking Tour
See "America's Most Iconic Street" on this fantastic walking tour and sightsee some of the most popular locations and attractions in the great city of Memphis, also called the Bluff City. This leisurely stroll will take you along the street known as the "Home of the Blues" to see popular sites like A. Schwab's, Handy Park, Old Lansky's, Saloon Row, and "The Castle of Missing Men."
Learn about the chequered history of the world-famous street that is known for its pivotal role in the history of the blues music scene. From its early days of sin to the gangsters and crooks that helped to form the notable street into what it is today. From Machine Gun Kelly selling liquor on Beale Street during prohibition to how B.B. King got his start as a disc jockey with creating an on-the-spot jingle for WDIA radio, you can learn all about this wonderful street.
Hear about how this street was at the center of this city's dynamic, zestful, and ardent African-American culture. With this wonderful walking tour, you can take your time learning about the legends and stories behind some of the legends and musicians that helped to create the great saga that exists today.
- What methods of transportation does the Beale Street Walking Tour use?
This is a walking tour covering about a mile of walking.
- Approximately how long does the Beale Street Walking Tour last?
It lasts approximately 1 hour.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Great for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Where does the Beale Street Walking Tour depart from?
Beale St & BB King Blvd at Alfred's
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Beale Street Walking Tour ?