Swamp / Plantation Combo Tour
This tour combines the excitement of the Bayou with the luxury of Oak Alley Plantation. Step out of the present and into the past by stepping onto the grounds of Oak Alley Plantation. The 1839 plantation features Greek-revival style architecture. This National Historical Landmark is located on 25 acres of sprawling land and features a gift shop and Oak Alley Restaurant. This tour will take you on a guided visit of the plantation and will entertain you with the captivating stories surrounding the home and its history.
Then it's back to the present and you'll be whisked from the luxury of the plantation to the raw beauty of nature on the swamp and bayou. You'll take an amazing boat trip into the famous swamps and bayou of Louisiana. Your guides will take you for the ride of your life as they explain the mysteries of the area as you soar through the water in a custom swamp boat. After your ride, you'll sit down to an amazing wildlife show that features local animals like alligators, snakes, snapping turtles, and nutria. Have a blast as you learn the efforts Louisiana is making to preserve native wetlands, how the Cajuns created gumbo out of soup, and other amazing local facts. And keep an eye out for alligators!
- Oak Alley Plantation
- Swamp and Bayous
- Price includes transportation, narrated tour, admission to Oak Alley Plantation, wildlife show, and swamp boat tour.
- The tour begins and ends at the Gray Line Lighthouse Ticket Office behind Jax Brewery in the French Quarter.
- Parking is available at the parking lot on St. Peter Street for approximately $13.00.
- The Swamp and Bayou tour lasts approximately 3 hours and the Oak Alley Plantation Tour lasts 4 hours.
- Tour departs daily at 11 a.m.
- Cameras and video cameras are permitted.
- Casual dress is recommended.
- Meals will be on your own (not included in price of admission) at one of the stops.
- Appropriate for children ages 3 and up.
- There is a restaurant and gift shop located at Oak Alley Plantation.
- Motor coach can accommodate those with handicaps.