Oak Alley Plantation Tour
Take a scenic drive past the breathtaking Louisiana landscape to Oak Alley Plantation, located between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. The beautifully preserved, 1839 plantation features Greek-revival style architecture, and a quarter mile of centuries-old oak trees. You may recognize this area from the settings of motion pictures such as 'Interview with a Vampire,' 'Primary Colors,' and the famous soap opera 'Days of Our Lives.' This tour will take you on a guided visit of the plantation and will entertain you with the captivating stories surrounding the home and its history. This National Historical Landmark is located on 25 acres of sprawling land and features a gift shop and Oak Alley Restaurant.
- Price includes narrated motorcoach ride and admission to Oak Alley Plantation.
- The tour begins and ends at the Gray Line Lighthouse Ticket Office behind Jax Brewery in the French Quarter.
- Parking is available at the parking lot on St. Peter Street.
- Tours depart daily at various times -- please check schedule for seasonal departure times.
- Tour lasts approximately 4.5 hours.
- Cameras and video cameras are permitted. However, flash cameras are not allowed inside the home.
- Casual dress is recommended.
- Food is available for purchase at Oak Alley Restaurant.
- Appropriate for children ages 3 and up.
- Motorcoach can accommodate those with handicaps, however, due to the historic nature of the plantation, access to the second floor is by stairs only.
- There is a gift shop on the premises.