Lowcountry Island Plantation & Gullah Heritage Tour
2:00 PM -5:00 PM (ALLOW 3 HRS.) FREE PARKING @BUS PICK UP LOCATION:Travel back in time in an air conditioned bus and your storyteller & tour guide will bring to life the blazing trail of freedom for the Gullah people that were living on this South Carolina island. Hear the stories and the songs when cotton was king in the Lowcountry. See the beautiful live oak lane where the plantation house still stands. Visit island life off the beaten path in the heart of the Gullah culture. The Gullah communities today are still thriving and you will see a slave cemetery, church ruins, the praise house where the island people prayed for deliverance, and pass the place called Penn Center, the first school started for the contraband. Learn their story of Emancipation and hear the echo's of past residents whispering for your attention. This is a 3 hour excursion and guests are able to get out at different locations, to do a walk about if you want to stretch your legs and take pictures. Bring snacks and drinks on this tour. Come and catch the spirit with The Spirit of Old Beaufort Tours!
Pickup & Return:
Santa Elena History Center.
Guide will return the guests back to 1501 Bay Street parking lot at the end of the tour.
Departure Times: Monday - Saturday 2:00 pm
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Small-group tour
- Tour escort/host
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembarq
- A small amount of walking is involved
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Infant car seats need to be brought on this bus tour
Frequently Asked Questions for Lowcountry Island Plantation & Gullah Heritage Tour:
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend at Lowcountry Island Plantation & Gullah Heritage Tour?
It lasts approximately 3 hours.
- Is Lowcountry Island Plantation & Gullah Heritage Tour handicap accessible?
- Is photography & video recording allowed?
- For what ages is Lowcountry Island Plantation & Gullah Heritage Tour appropriate?
Great for all ages!
Lowcountry Island Plantation & Gullah Heritage Tour Schedule
|Date / Day||Available Times|
Lowcountry Island Plantation & Gullah Heritage Tour: 13:30: