History and Movie Tour of Beaufort by Van
1-800-987-9852 Chat Now
More than 24 Hollywood movies have been filmed in the town of Beaufort, South Carolina. This historic area has seen stars like Tom Hanks, Will Smith, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Ben Affleck, and Matt Damon; and those are just naming a few! On this one 90-minute tour, you will hear Beaufort's history, see sites where movies were shot, and visit places where the stars stayed. The group sizes are small on this tour, ensuring that you will get attention from your guide while on the comfortable air-conditioned bus. They will be able to answer any questions that you may have so that you will truly get a comprehensive tour of the city; it's also a perfect introduction for first-time visitors to South Carolina.
A few movies that have been shot in Beaufort include:
- The Great Santini (1979)
- The Big Chill (1983)
- A Perfect World (1993)
- Forrest Gump (1994)
- The War (1994)
- The Jungle Book (1994)
- Gone Gishin' (1997)
- Forces of Nature (1998)
- Rules of Engagement (2000)
- Legend of Bagger Vance (2000)
See the Gump Medical Center which Forrest opened after making gazillions of dollars, the football field where he rode the Snapper tractor, and the bridge where he ran over the 'Mississippi River'. Make your friends back home jealous with photos of the area and your new-found knowledge of movies during your next vacation to Hilton Head Island.
- What methods of transportation does the History and Movie Tour of Beaufort by Van use?
You will be transported on an air-conditioned bus.
- Approximately how long does the History and Movie Tour of Beaufort by Van last?
It lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
It is appropriate for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
- Where does the History and Movie Tour of Beaufort by Van depart from?
Beaufort Downtown Marina Store - 1006 Bay Street
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the History and Movie Tour of Beaufort by Van?
Of course! Don't forget your camera.
- Is the History and Movie Tour of Beaufort by Van handicap accessible?
Yes. There are handicap accessible vehicles if needed.