Family and Kid Friendly Orlando Vacation Ideas
Orlando is one of the most family friendly places on earth, with so much for families to do together and something for everyone, it's no wonder Orlando is the number one destination for families in the United States. So grab the kids and head off to Orlando for some awesome family fun with one of our Orlando Florida vacation packages.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY THEME PARKS IN ORLANDO
Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks. There are four separate theme parks, plus water parks, resorts, shopping, and entertainment districts that make up Orlando's Walt Disney World. Within Disney World you will find:
- Epcot Center, where the world comes together in one place. A celebration of the many cultures and wonders of the world, including the future.
- Disney MGM Studios, where the magic of movies comes to life with shows, movie sets, memorabilia and rides.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom, celebrating the animals of the world with story telling, shows, rides and more animals than you can count.
- Magic Kingdom, is where magic happens. Enter this awe inspiring world through Cinderella's castle and let the magic overtake you.
- Disney's water parks are open year round with water that is climate controlled to be the most comfortable temperature, no matter what the weather.
- SeaWorld Orlando. This is not just about dolphins jumping through hoops: SeaWorld is an adventure you won't soon forget. With rides to rival those at any theme park and shows that bring animals up close and personal, SeaWorld offers activities and excitement at all levels. Get sprayed with water by a killer whale. SeaWorld also offers programs that you will not find anywhere else. Become a 'Trainer for the Day' and work with the animals of SeaWorld, or even swim with a killer whale. Kids can enjoy various Adventure Camps where they interact with some of the animals and see what happens 'backstage'. The adventure camps and the Trainer for the Day programs are extra programs that are not included in the price of admission and require advance reservations, but are well worth it.
FAMILY FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES IN ORLANDO
- Boggy Creek Airboat Rides will take your family through the Florida wetlands to spot alligators and native wildlife in their natural environment. The boat can go up to 45 miles an hour. It's a whole lot of fun--and a nice way to get out of the lines and into the sunshine.
FAMILY FRIENDLY SHOWS IN ORLANDO
- Arabian Nights Dinner Theater. The beauty of the horse is showcased throughout this fantasy performance. The Black Stallion, an Arabian princess, a band of gypsies, and even Indians make appearances in this spectacular production. After the show, kids get the chance to pet the horses and meet some of the performers.
Dixie Stampede. This is a great dinner show for all ages. When the show opened in Branson, Missouri, it was a hit with critics and audiences alike. It is now open in Orlando and is receiving the same rave reviews. With a cast of over 30 horses and tons of talented people, this show is fast-paced and entertaining. The Dixie Stampede is filled with music, magic, humor and patriotism. The finale alone is worth the price of admission, but since you get the full show and an excellent meal, it is a bargain to boot.
Sleuths Mystery Dinner Theater. Can you figure out whodunit? This dinner show is performed in three parts and the one who guesses the culprit correctly gets a prize. Eleven stories alternate throughout the week. Part one is performed before dinner and ends with the shocking death of one of the cast. After dinner, the remaining cast returns to the stage to answer your questions and to provide clues. After desert, the play continues and you see who did the deed. If you are one of the 'super sleuths' that solved it correctly, you will win a prize. This is a great way for the family to work-and play-together.
Pirate's Dinner Theater. Be a guest of Princess Anita and join her for a royal feast. The evening starts off pleasant enough, but before the main course is served, pirates descend on the party and take everyone hostage. This mega show includes some of the biggest and best pyrotechnics, lighting and sound around. The entire show takes place on a replica of a Spanish galleon in a large lagoon.