Trolley Transportation Eases Traffic Woes in Gatlinburg - Pigeon Forge, TN
Utilizing the trolley systems that operate in Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge promises a fun and unique way to experience the things to do in Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains without bothering with the sometimes congested traffic hassles.
Fun Time Trolley in Pigeon Forge
- In Pigeon Forge, the Fun Time Trolley makes the rounds on Main Street every 20 to 25 minutes. The Dollywood trolleys run every 15 to 20 minutes as does the Dolly's Splash Country trolleys. If you want to go to Gatlinburg from Pigeon Forge, you can transfer to the Gatlinburg trolley at the Gatlinburg Welcome Center with trolleys running every 25 to 30 minutes. Most Fun Time Trolleys are equipped with wheelchair lifts. Routes include:
- North Parkway
- South Parkway
- Gatlinburg Welcome Center
- Dolly's Splash Country
- Wears Valley
Main Street Trolley in Pigeon Forge
- The Main Street Trolley in Pigeon Forge will take you shows such as Country Tonite, Grand Illusion, Louise Mandrell and Ole Smoky Hoedown. Or, take in a show and dinner at the same time at the Dolly Parton's Stampede, where you are guaranteed great food as you enjoy a high-energy show. If shopping is your thing, there are plenty of outlet malls waiting for you to peruse at your leisure. If you are riding the Main Street Trolley and see something you want to check out just hop off and start having fun, everything is visible from the trolley on this line.
Dollywood and Dolly's Splash Country Trolleys in Pigeon Forge
- The Dollywood and Dolly's Splash Country trolleys will make sure you get to some serious fun. Dollywood offers incredible shows and fun rides that will keep the whole family entertained for the entire day. Dolly's Splash Country is a wonderful distraction for a hot summer day with water slides and rides for kids of all ages.
Trolleys in Gatlinburg
In Gatlinburg, the trolley system is color-coded because there are many things to see and do at the base of the Smokies. The color-coded routes make things easier when you want to go to a specific area.
- The red route takes you from the Gatlinburg Mass Transit Center south on River Road by the Gatlinburg Conventions Center where things are always happening.
- The Tan route will take you to Laural Falls, Elmont Campground and Sugarlands Visitor Center.
- The Yellow route travels the entire Glades/Buckhorn Loop where the famous Great Smoky Arts and Crafts Community are; imagine a whole day of perusing the shops there.
- The Blue route is convenient to all of the shops and attractions in Gatlinburg.
- The Purple route will pick you up if you are coming from Pigeon Forge or the Gatlinburg Park-n-Ride lot.
With public transportation available and ready to take you to see the sights that are so popular in the Smokies you can put aside the worries and hassle of driving yourself through the tourist traffic, making your vacation even more satisfying. These trolleys not only get you where you want to go but they are constructed to look like turn of the century transportation which makes the ride even more fun. So plan to have the trolley take you round as you visit shows and attractions that your family is looking forward to seeing in the Great Smoky Mountains.
For some great options for adventures, be sure to check out places like the Goats on the Roof Pigeon Forge location, Behind the Lens Pigeon Forge, NASCAR Speedpark Pigeon Forge, the Pigeon Forge zoo, or Pink Jeep Tours Pigeon Forge.