Step back in time to the 18th century and find yourself enthralled by the costumed residents and historical buildings of Colonial Williamsburg.
You'll tour historically accurate sites and view magnificent architecture that tell the story of the birth of America. Families will enjoy the costumed interpreters as they demonstrate what life was like during the early years of America and kids will especially enjoy the opportunity to dress up in Colonial costumes and 'walk in the shoes' of their forefathers. There are so many things to do for a perfect Colonial Williamsburg vacation.
The past comes alive each and every day at Colonial Williamsburg with the chance to choose between the Single-Day Ticket or the 3-Day Multi Day Ticket. Regardless of the ticket option you choose, you will be able to roam over 300-acres of the Historic Area featuring political sites, historic homes, and Great Hopes Plantation. You will also be treated to the informative 30-minute film, Williamsburg: The Story of a Patriot. For your convenience, there is a complimentary Historical Area shuttle service and parking at the visitor's center.
Points of Interest that require admission ticket:
- The Apothecary
- The Bindery
- The Rockefeller's Bassett Hall
- Carpenter's Yard
- Charlton Stage
- Colonial Garden
- Everard House
- George Wythe House
- Governor's Palace
- Governor's Palace Kitchen
- Great Hopes Plantation
- Gunsmith Shop
- James Geddy House
- Military Activities
- Milliner and Mantua-Maker
- Indian Delegation
- Peyton Randolph House
- Playbooth Theater
- Presbyterian Meetinghouse
- Printing Office
- Public Gaol
- Public Hospital
- Raleigh Tavern
- R. Charlton's Coffeehouse
- Secretary's Office
- Wetherburn's Tavern
- What is included in the admission price for Colonial Williamsburg?
Includes all of the public-access exhibits.
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend at Colonial Williamsburg?
Guests spend about 2 hours here.
- What amenities (such as ATM, gift shop, etc) are available?
There is a gift shop and eatery.
- Are wheelchairs and strollers available? Is there a rental fee?
Wheelchairs are available for a small fee.
- Is Colonial Williamsburg handicap accessible?
Yes. There are also handicap restrooms.
- Is photography & video recording allowed?
- For what ages is Colonial Williamsburg appropriate?
- Is parking available at Colonial Williamsburg? Is it free?
Yes. Parking is free.