Busch Gardens Tampa
Busch Gardens Tampa theme park - It's like going on Safari - with thrill rides!
The tropical landscape, exotic animals and thrill rides make for a vacation filled with excitement and adventure. Ten African themed park areas with animals, rides, entertainment, and food, provide a thrill every second of the way! Twelve animal exhibits featuring cheetahs, gorillas, chimps, meerkats, lemurs, orangutan, tigers, elephants and more African favorites, some in free-roaming herds. Some are interactive exhibits where you can get up close and personal and maybe even feed a kangaroo!
Did we mention rides? There are rides for the whole family, from the extreme thrill-seekers to family rides and kiddie rides. The newest thrill ride, Falcon's Fury mimics the flight of a bird of prey diving for quarry. This tower drop ride pivots 90 degrees to plunge 60 mph facing the ground!
After seeing all of these animals and riding the thrilling rides, you'll have definitely worked up an appetite. Get ready to have your hunger quenched when you stop at one of the park's many eateries, including the Garden Gate Cafe, where you can enjoy a pizza and pasta buffet and enjoy your favorite Coca-Cola beverage, or visit the Desert Grill, where a delicious family-friendly menu awaits you with items like baby back ribs, spaghetti and meatballs, Italian sausage sandwiches, and many more.
- Falcons Fury: Tower drop ride pivots 90 degrees and plunges riders facing toward the ground!
- Cheetah Hunt: A triple launch coaster; the parks longest thrill ride.
- Tigris: Florida's tallest launch coaster that sends you through breath-taking drops, twists, and a 150-foot sky launch all at the speed of over 60mph!
- SheiKra: Ride this incredible dive coaster that includes a water feature, 70 miles per hour thrills, an underground tunnel, loops, and more.
- Kumba: Loops, spirals, and drops highlight this exciting steel roller coaster, which features one of the tallest vertical loops in the world.
- Montu: Feel the surge of excitement on Montu, one of the world's longest and tallest inverted roller coasters.
- Scorpion: Stinging speeds and drops highlight this steel coaster experience.
- Congo River Rapids: Traverse the white waters of the river aboard a 12-person raft.
- Stanley Falls: Cool off on this log flume-style water ride.
- Tanganyika Tidal Wave: Prepare to be soaked on this splashdown style ride.
Kid and Family Rides
- Serengeti Railway: Relaxing train ride through the park past free-roaming zebra, giraffe, and ostrich.
- Cobra's Curse: Reaching speeds of up to 40mph, this family spin roller coaster will launch you into a 70-foot vertical lift that will be fun for the whole family.
- The Wild Surge: This ride launches you from deep in a crater to above a waterfall.
- Air Grover: A junior roller coaster perfect for kids and their parents.
- SandSerpent: Fun-filled family coaster climbs 5-stories high.
- Skyride: Cable car ride that gives you a bird's eye view of the tropical park.
- Critters Inn Charge: The stars in this show are rescued exotic and domestic animals.
- Turn It Up: Ice skating performance that includes contemporary choreography and eclectic pop music.
- Rock A Doo Wop: Performing the greatest hits from the Doo Wop era. This show will take you back with all the classic hits.
- The Not-Too-Spooky-Howl-O-Ween Radio Show: Sesame Street show including all of your favorite characters for a fun Halloween performance produced by The Count!
- Diamond Duo: A singing performance that spans over six decades of amazing music and chart-topping hits.
- Storytime at Sesame Street Safari of Fun: Enjoy a storytime reading with your favorite Sesame Street characters.
Good food, great fun, and awesome animal exhibits, your trip to Busch Gardens Africa is going to be an unforgettable one. Bring the whole family and have a memorable vacation with Busch Gardens! For a wet, wild experience visit the neighboring sister water park Adventure Island, too!
- Are wheelchairs and strollers available at Busch Gardens Tampa
Wheelchairs $20. Motorized wheelchairs $50. Strollers $20.
- What on-site amenities are available?
ATMs, lockers, shops, kennel services, restaurants.
- What style of dress is recommended?
Casual family-friendly attire and closed shoes.
- Is parking available on-site?
Onsite parking is available for $25.
- Are lockers available at Busch Gardens Tampa?
Lockers are available for a rental fee. Standard $15/day; Large $20/day; Jumbo $25/day.
- Are alcoholic beverages served at Busch Gardens Tampa?
Yes. Guests must be 21+ and bring ID.
- Is smoking allowed inside Busch Gardens Tampa?
Outdoor smoking stations are located throughout the park.