Family Shows, Attractions, Tours and Lodging in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach is one of the nation's hottest vacation spots. When the family needs to get away for some relaxation and fun, this is the place to go. With numerous attractions, rich history, and plenty of activities, Myrtle Beach is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- Huntington Beach State Park. When visiting Myrtle Beach, you'll definitely want to make a visit to Huntington Beach State Park. The park features a beach, freshwater lagoon, salt marsh, and a boardwalk for wildlife viewing. There are over 180 campsites for visitors and four picnic areas.
- Planet Hollywood. It's not just a restaurant, it's an attraction. Dine with the stars in this hip restaurant. Live entertainment is offered Monday through Saturday evenings. Walk through the restaurant and see movie memorabilia, and maybe even some real-life stars. When you're done eating, check out the Planet Hollywood store.
- Family Kingdom Amusement Park and Water Park. Get double the fun at these side-by-side water and amusement parks that are located right on the Grand Strand. Enjoy a water flume with a 185-foot drop or take a ride on the Swamp Fox, an all-wood rollercoaster and then hop onto the largest Ferris Wheel in the State.
- Myrtle Beach Grand Prix Family Thrill Park. Take advantage of the excitement the three zones of this thrill park have to offer. Visit the Thrill Zone that offers rides like the tilt-a-whirl and a log flume. Then hop on over to the Race Zone where you can get on the bumper cars or go karts. For the younger children, try the Kid's Zone with swings and Hampton Boats.
- Children's Museum of South Carolina. Your kids will love it here, and you can fit some education into the trip. Take a walk through this museum and see the interactive exhibits like Bubble Mania where your kids can explore and learn about the formation of bubbles. Then move on to the Fossil Hunt exhibit where you can dig for fossils. Your kids can study electricity, or even take a ride on the Magic School Bus! There's even an exhibit where your children can dress up as doctors or nurses and explore the children's ER.
- NASCAR Speedpark. Even if they're not race fans, the whole family will enjoy this attraction. You will find an arcade, miniature golf, bumper boats and more!
- Low Country / Brookgreen Gardens Tour. If you love peace and tranquility, you'll find a perfect haven at Brookgreen Gardens. What used to be a compilation of four rice plantations is now a sprawling garden of over 550 pieces of 19the and 20the century American sculptures. The garden is also home to over 2,000 plants. This guided tour will take you through the Low Country and Brookgreen Gardens and includes lunch, transportation and admissions.
- Dixie Stampede. This show is coming to all of the best vacation spots around the country, and Myrtle Beach is no exception. When the show opened in Branson, Missouri, it was a huge success with critics and audiences alike. It opened in Myrtle Beach to the same rave reviews. The show is filled with music, magic, humor and patriotism.
- Quality Inn Oceanfront. This hotel offers an awesome view of the ocean, and that's not all. With an outdoor pool and kiddie pool, free continental breakfast, cable television and in-room coffee makers, everyone is sure to enjoy their stay.
- Holiday Inn Oceanfront. The family is sure to enjoy their stay at this oceanfront hotel. Guests can enjoy the Holidome Recreation Center with a heated pool, whirlpool, sauna, exercise room and game room. The hotel offers 2 on-site restaurants as well as a cocktail lounge and full room service.