American Revolution Museum at Yorktown
The American Revolution Museum at York Town tells the history of America's founding. Named one of the Top 52 Places to Visit in 2019 by the New York Times, this interactive museum is the perfect place to start your adventure of Yorktown. You will learn about the twilight of the colonial period to the dawn of the writing of the Constitution. Visit art galleries, participate in live reenactments, view amazing exhibitions, and watch films with a 180-degree surround screen and special effects.
Film & Galleries: See the expansive American Revolution timeline, see hundreds of objects such as weapons, paintings, maps, and furniture, and watch immersive films
Forgotten Soldier: See personal stories of both free and enslaved African Americans on both sides of the American Revolution. Also, see original artwork by Titus Kaphar and participate in hands-on experiences like a search-and-find activity and a wheel activity.
Continental Army encampment: See how life was for a Revolutionary War soldier. See where they slept, what they ate, and how they used their weapons. The actors are amazing and will be there to teach and answer any questions.
Revolution-era Farm: Discover the life of a farm family during the 18th-century. Learn to make clothes, prepare food, and work the land just as they did.
Jamestown Settlement & American Revolution Museum at Yorktown Combo
- What is included in the admission price for American Revolution Museum at York Town ?
Includes all of the exhibits.
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend at American Revolution Museum at York Town ?
Guests spend about 2 hours at Yorktown Victory Center. If you choose the combo ticket with Jamestown Settlement included you will spend about 4 hours total.
- What amenities are available?
There is a gift shop.
- Are wheelchairs and strollers available?
Yes, on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Is American Revolution Museum at York Town handicap accessible?
- Is photography & video recording allowed?
- For what ages is American Revolution Museum at York Town appropriate?
Great for all ages.
- Is parking available at American Revolution Museum at York Town ? Is it free?
Yes. Parking is free.
Friday, 12/20/2019 - Tuesday, 12/31/2019Location: A Colonial Christmas
From the first 'American' Christmas celebration held by English colonists still sailing towards the new land in 1606 to a look at the average traditions of a 1780's Virginia farmer, A Colonial Christmas is an interesting glimpse into America's holiday history, perfect for any trip.