City Sightseeing Hop-On / Hop-Off San Antonio Tour
The City Sightseeing Tour is the perfect way for the entire family to enjoy everything that San Antonio has to offer. This tour includes a full hop on/hop off loop that allows guests to completely tailor their vacation to suit their needs. Whether they want to spend an hour exploring the River Walk or would rather ride the rides at Hemis Fair Park, you're fully able to customize your experience. Once you are ready to go to another location you may return to the location you hopped off at and another bus will arrive shortly.
Let the wind blow through your hair on top of the double decker buses. Tours have live guides to enhance the experience and bring detailed information about the area as guests get to see the fantastic views around the city.
The route starts at the Alamo Plaza and buses run every twenty minutes, the full loop takes around an hour to complete. With a full day of trolly-hopping fun, you're sure to have a great time learning all about the different hot spots in San Antonio, TX.
Tour stops include:
- The Alamo - This historical monument is well known during its fight for Texas' independence from Mexico.
- Riverwalk/River Cruise - Providing a beautiful walkway along the San Antonio River, this city park is boasting with shops and wonderful dining experiences.
- Pearl Brewery - A historic brewery in San Antonio which offers lots of shopping, dining, and even a farmer's market.
- Riverwalk Museum Reach - A new 1.33 mile extension to the river walk that provides access to many different attractions such as San Antonio Zoo, Museum of Art, Witte Museum, and more!
- King William Historic District - Known as the Cultural Arts District it features grand mansions, two art galleries, and the San Antonio Art League & Museum.
- Tobin Center - San Antonio's performing arts center located next to the historic Riverwalk.
- Yanaguana Garden - This city park has a modern touch filled with fun activities such as amazing artworks, climbing structures & swings, as well as a big chessboard to play.
- The Scottish Rite Cathedral - An event hall for various events and performing arts, it serves as the meeting place for Scottish Rite Masonry.
- Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Building - A beautiful and historic building that opened in 1937 as the U.S. Post Office, Courthouse, and Federal Office Building and is still used as such today.
- Buckhorn Saloon and Texas Ranger Museum - A saloon and museum that's been around for over 135 years, it's filled with lots of history and wonderful wildlife exhibits.
- Augie's BBQ Restaurant - A great stop for authentic Texas BBQ.
- San Antonio Museum of Art House - Art museum in Downtown San Antonio with over 5,000 years of culture housed inside.
- The Shops at Rivercenter Mall - Shopping mall in Downtown San Antonio that is along the historic San Antonio Riverwalk.
- San Fernando Cathedral/Spanish Governor's Palace - A National Historic Landmark with history dating back from 1722, it was the original office for the Captains of the Military during Spanish Rule.
- Market Square / El Mercado - Outdoor market filled with shops and restaurants and is the biggest Mexican market in the U.S.
- VFW Post 76 - A Victorian home that serves as a beer garden.
- Villa Finale Visitor Center - Filled with more than thousands of pieces of decorative arts, it is a historic site that focuses on King Williams neighborhood.
- Tower of the Americas / La Villita - An art community with several art galleries, gifts, custom pottery, jewelry, as well as multiple restaurants.
Do not miss out on the opportunity to see some of the greatest places in San Antonio by embarking upon the City Sightseeing Hop On/Hop Off adventure.
About Your Ticket
The City Sightseeing Hop-On / Hop-Off San Antonio Tour is available as part of the San Antonio Explorer Pass which allows you to combine 3, 4, or 5 activities with one simple pass. Check out the San Antonio Explorer Pass for more information.
- Approximately how long does the City Sightseeing Hop-On / Hop-Off San Antonio Tour last?
Approximately 60 minutes if you do not hop off at any locations.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Appropriate for all ages.
- Where does the City Sightseeing Hop-On / Hop-Off San Antonio Tour depart from?
The tour departs from the Alamo Plaza.
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the City Sightseeing Hop-On / Hop-Off San Antonio Tour?
Both photography and video cameras are permitted.
- Is the City Sightseeing Hop-On / Hop-Off San Antonio Tour handicap accessible?