Quick Vacation Ideas for Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Getaways
If you're only visiting for a short period of time, you'll want to be sure to make time to take the following tours and visit the following attractions. You're sure to have a great time and get the most out of your visit.
Myrtle Beach Ideas For Everyone...
- Broadway at the Beach. The complex sprawls out over 350 acres and is home to attractions such as Carousel Park, Myrtle Waves Water Park, Dragon's Lair Fantasy Golf and NASCAR SpeedPark as well as over 100 different shops and restaurants.
- Planet Hollywood. Planet Hollywood is not just a restaurant, it's an attraction. Dine with the stars in this hip restaurant. Live entertainment is offered Monday through Saturday evenings. Walk through the restaurant and see movie memorabilia, and maybe even some real-life stars. When you're done eating, check out the Planet Hollywood store.
Myrtle Beach For The Nature Lover...
- Huntington Beach State Park. The park features a beach, freshwater lagoon, salt marsh, and a boardwalk for wildlife viewing. There are over 180 campsites for visitors and four picnic areas.
- Brookgreen Gardens. What used to be a compilation of four rice plantations is now a sprawling garden of over 550 pieces of 19th and 20th century American sculptures. The garden is also home to over 2,000 variety of plants.
- Myrtle Beach State Park is the perfect spot for hiking. The 300 acre park offers hiking trails, campgrounds, fishing and a visitor's center.
- Alligator Adventure is one of the most comprehensive reptile parks around. As you are guided through the swamps and marshes, you will be able to observe lizards, turtles and giant frogs from all over the world. You'll also be able to see exotic birds. Most importantly, you'll come face to face with real live alligators.
Myrtle Beach For the Golf Lover...
- For the golf lovers, there are endless opportunities in the area. Hit the links at Myrtle Beach National, Long Bay Golf Club, Myrtlewood Golf Club, and Whispering Hills Golf Course just to name a few.
Myrtle Beach For the Family...
- Family Kingdom Amusement Park and Water Park and you'll get double the fun at these side-by-side water and amusement parks that are located right on the Grand Strand. Enjoy a water flume with a 185-foot drop or take a ride on the Swamp Fox, an all-wood rollercoaster and then hop onto the largest Ferris Wheel in the State.
- Children's Museum of South Carolina. Your kids will love it here, and you can fit some education into the trip. Take a walk through this museum and see the interactive exhibits like Bubble Mania where your kids can explore and learn about the formation of bubbles. Then move on to the Fossil Hunt exhibit where you can dig for fossils. Your kids can study electricity, or even take a ride on the Magic School Bus! There's even an exhibit where your children can dress up as doctors or nurses and explore the children's ER.