Photo
Photo

Historic Stranahan House Museum in Fort Lauderdale, FL

335 SE 6th Ave Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Stranahan House, the longest standing building in Broward County was originally the home of the founders of Fort Lauderdale; Frank and Ivy Cromartie Stranahan.

The now historical building was initially intended for a trading post on 1901 and it was converted into the Stranahan’s residence five years later in 1906. The building’s ground floor was the trading post while the one above was utilized as a community hall where Ivy Stranahan taught her students as the community’s first teacher. When Frank Stranahan’s business expanded, he added a spot for a general store and a bank then he constructed another building close to the railroad.

In 1974 the pioneer building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. To this day, the place is operated as a historic house museum. Its operations are supported largely by the local community which Frank and Ivy had put in efforts to pioneer. The House is now on record for hosting an excess of 10,000 guests annually alongside the local community schools students on educational tours. Stranahan House is open for guided tours in the afternoon hours. The entrance fee paid by adults and students vary depending on time.

The Stranahan House is a popular spot for hosting outdoor events such as tea parties, River Ghost Tours aboard a water taxi on the New River and Victorian Christmas celebrations. It is also a very favorable spot for weddings due to the very tranquil atmosphere that overlooks the New River with the Victorian Style house providing a splendid backdrop for taking great wedding pictures. Next time you are in Fort Lauderdale, you need to experience this resilient part of the town’s history.


Try searching by keyword or choose a specific date.
Search:
View By Date:
Arrival Date:
 
Length of Visit:
View By Date:
Arrival Date:
 
Length of Visit:
Checkout
Cart
Contact Customer Service at
800-987-9852
Secure Online Payment Options
credit card logos