ABBA Tribute: Thank You For The Music
Turn back time and relive some of the greatest songs that ABBA has released. Thank You for the Music – A Modern Tribute to ABBA is a spectacular tribute show to the Swedish super-group ABBA that includes modern renditions and classic covers of favorites such as 'Dancing Queen', 'Waterloo', 'Take a Chance on Me', 'Mamma Mia', and many more!
ABBA is one of the most prolific and beloved pop bands of all time. This Swedish group created many chart-topping hits throughout the 70s and early 80s. Their pop sound is one of the most well-known sounds and their record sales speak for themselves. Throughout their expansive career, this group sold approximately 150 - 400 million records across the world, even releasing a couple of their songs in Spanish. Some of this groups hit songs include, 'Dancing Queen', 'Mamma Mia', 'Waterloo', and 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!' They went on to amass huge success and won many awards including:
- Bravo Otto Silver Award for Pop Group - 1974; 1978-1980; 1982
- Bravo Otto Bronze Award for Pop Group - 1975-1977; 1981
- Carl-Alan Award for Best Vocal Record for Dancing (Dancing Queen) - 1977
- Carl-Alan Award for Most Outstanding Group - 1977
- Carl-Alan Award for Best Vocal Record for Dancing (Take a Chance on Me) - 1978
- The Radio Luxemburg prize - Golden Lion for Waterloo - 1974
- World Music Award for Best Selling Swedish Artists of the Year - 1993
- Inducted into Vocal Group Hall of Fame - 2002
- Inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - 2010
About the Theater
The ABBA: Thank You for the Music Tribute show is held at Hamners' Variety Theater. This family-friendly theater prides itself on bringing amazing entertainment to Branson, MO. The theater has been open since 1995, and it has held so many amazing shows. It features 642 spacious and comfortable seats, free parking, and both a gift shop and concession stand. The theater is also completely handicap accessible. The shows are the true crown jewel though! These productions are truly brought to life with great sound and lighting effects that will leave audiences in awe. As well as ABBA, Hamners' Variety Theatre is home to Hamners' Unbelievable Family Variety Show, Magnificent 7, Conway Remembered, Mike Walker Lasting Impressions, and Beach Boys California Dreamin'.
Enjoy listening to live performances of your favorite ABBA songs, 4 part harmonies, and some informational history about this amazing group. During the show the performance will have you jumping, dancing, and singing along as we reminisce this terrific and timeless group. Don't miss this opportunity to see this spectacular re-creation of the pop group live on stage, tickets sell out fast so make sure you book today!
- Approximately how long is the ABBA Tribute: Thank You For The Music?
The show lasts approximately 2 hours.
- In what theater is the show held?
The show is held at Hamners' Variety Theatre.
- Do the performers of the ABBA Tribute: Thank You For The Music sign autographs and meet the audience after the show?
Yes. After the show, the performers have a meet and greet in the lobby.
- What is the length of intermission at ABBA Tribute: Thank You For The Music?
Intermission is 15 minutes.
- What type of parking do you have?
Parking is free.
- What is the dress code?
Dress code is casual.