San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour
1-800-987-9852 Chat Now
As one of the most historic cities in the country, San Antonio is seeped in culture and tales of the past, making a motorcoach tour / historical tour a great way to experience it. On the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour, visitors will enjoy learning about the missions of the past and their impact on San Antonian culture of the modern day. Set off on this adventure to learn about five sites that made up a huge part of San Antonio's intriguing past.
During this Grayline tour, guests will enjoy 3.5 hours of interesting history. See the different mission sites as well as watch the award-winning 'Gente de Razon' film. See the Rose Window and the irrigation system, Espada Aqueduct & Acequia. During the tour, you will also be able to hear live and recorded narrated history about the Spanish Missions and San Antonio.
Comprised of four different missions plus the Alamo, the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site is brimming with historical significance. At these missions, the San Antonian culture - derived from Catholicism and dedication to the Spanish crown - truly began to blossom into its own set of cultural beliefs. The missions were sites where the Spanish set out to colonize, meaning the first settlers of San Antonio visited these religious sites. There are remains to learn about at the sites including:
- Architectural & Archaeological Structures
- Cattle Grounds
- Workshops including Kilns, Wells, Walls, and Water Distribution Systems
During your time at the San Antonio Missions, you will be entranced with a variety of unique demonstrations and learn all about the cultures interwoven into San Antonian culture: Catholicism, Spanish rule, Coahuiltecan inhabitants, and more. Since these missions were created in the 18th century, this is a great place to get a unique look into the past from its architectural wonders to its cultural and religious significance. The missions that make up the site include:
If you enjoy history, San Antonio, TX is a great place to go. Be sure to embark upon the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Sites Tour! Learn about four different missions in the San Antonio River Basin and gain new insight on the wonders of San Antonio's past.
- What methods of transportation does the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour use?
- Approximately how long does the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour last?
It lasts approximately 3.5 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Great for all ages!
- Will there be time allotted for dining on the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour?
No. Be sure to eat breakfast or lunch beforehand.
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour?
- Is transportation to the departure location available for the San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour?
Yes, hotel transportation is provided by the Grayline.