Amazing Attractions, Things to Do, Activities & More!
See the amazing natural wonders of the area on a tour offered during your next trip.
A birds-eye view is something you don't want to pass up on. Ground tours only allow you to see so much, but in the air, you'll be able to see everything that the National Park has to offer. You'll have the chance to see the breathtaking views of the painted desert, amazing geology landmarks, the visitor center, the glass walkway, the greenway trail, and other national monuments.
- Helicopter tours: More than half a million people take a helicopter tour each year for the amazing views and the rush of adrenaline. Helicopters are allowed to fly about a thousand feet lower than airplanes so some people choose these tours for that reason. You can choose to depart from the National Airport in Tusayan, Arizona near the South Rim, the village near the North Rim, leave from Las Vegas, or another option. There are so many options and tour packages to choose from. Don't forget to bring your camera to capture great photos with the panoramic views available that allow you to see the beautiful scenery or miles!
- Skydiving: Looking for something a little more thrilling? Try a once-in-a-lifetime experience and freefall into the landmark! You will see amazing views as you accelerate at speeds of up to 124 miles per hour. For most of the skydiving experiences, you do not need formal training or experience; you will learn everything you need to know when you arrive. While falling, your adrenaline will be rushing and all of your senses will come alive. Once the shoot opens, you will be able to take in the views of the beautiful world around you as you glide down to the ground.
- Airplane tours: Airplane tours are a great way to relax for those who aren't looking for thrills. On these tours, you will receive narration about the history and geology of the landmark. Some of the landmarks you will see include Zuni Point, Point Imperial, Kaibab National Forest, Kaibab Plateau, Colorado River, and Desert View Watchtower. This specific plane has seventeen seats and is air-conditioned. The wings of the plane are above the windows, unlike most commercial planes, so that you have a better view of the rocks below.
There are endless options for hiking, horseback riding, biking, Jeep tours, and backpacking.
- Hiking: This is one of the most beautiful places and hiking tour areas in the United States. People often get lost, hurt, run out of water/supplies, or become exhausted. If you are not an experienced and confident hiker and camper, guided tours are the safest and most entertaining bet. With a tour, you will learn more and have a better experience overall.
- Jeep tours: Get off of the road and out onto the national park. Jeep tours are a great way to see the sights without having to put in too much work. You can sit, relax, and enjoy the drive while you take in the views. These tours often take you to places that a shuttle bus cannot go because they are not capable. Often, they have various stops along the way so that you can get out, take photos, and walk around as well.
Spend some time on the water and travel down the beautiful Colorado River. People often travel on kayak, oar-powered inflatable rafts, and other motorized boats.
- River rafting: How about a rafting trip? This is the calmest form of water traveling in the area. You will be on the smoother part of the river with fewer rapids so you are able to enjoy the surroundings without having to worry about paddling or tipping over. Skill level does not matter too much with rafting; people of all ages will love this activity. You will float past breathtaking views of rock formations, historic sites, and wildlife.
If you want an air, land, and water adventure, check out the Arizona Highlights Day Trip for all three in the same package!
Grand Canyon Area Most Popular Activities
Sorry, there are no activities available in Grand Canyon Area, AZ at this time.