San Fernando Carriage Tour
Explore the historical San Fernando Cathedral area by a 40-minute Victorian carriage ride on the San Fernando Carriage Tour. You can choose a narrated tour to learn about the colorful history of the church, or a non-narrated tour for a more quiet and romantic ride. At the center of San Antonio and the focus of the tour, the Cathedral was originally a settlement location for colonists sent by King Philip of Spain in 1731.
The small church was completed by 1749, in what is now the present building's sanctuary, making it the oldest structure in Texas. The Cathedral has survived a flood and fire in the 1800s that destroyed much of the building. Since then, for nearly 50 years, renovation work has been underway to restore the church's original beauty and assure its continued preservation. Bring the family or catch a carriage for two on this peaceful ride.
- What is included in the admission price?
Includes a carriage tour of San Fernando.
- What methods of transportation does the San Fernando Carriage Tour use (if any)? (Give specific vehicle description)
- Approximately how long does the San Fernando Carriage Tour last?
It lasts approximately 40 minutes.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Great for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Wear casual clothing.
- Where does the San Fernando Carriage Tour depart from?
204 Alamo Plaza San Antonio , TX 78205
- What sights will be seen from the motor coach?
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the San Fernando Carriage Tour?