King William Carriage Tour
The King William Carriage Tour offers a magical view of San Antonio from an elegant, white Victorian carriage as you explore the King William Historic District.
Listen to the clip-clop of the graceful horse pulling your carriage as you enjoy an outstanding tour. Situated upon lots of land that was once irrigated farmland belonging to the mission, you'll find large enchanting homes lining the street. All of the impressive houses have been restored to their original beauty and it is once again a lavish and very desirable residential area.
There is much to explore from restaurants to museums to shopping, come and get a sample of this historical part of San Antonio culture. In the 19th century, German immigrants built grand homes in this 25 block area south of downtown. Today the area has been restored so that people can experience its splendor. Victorian homes, well-manicured gardens, and a relaxing carriage ride means an enjoyable experience for you. With your choice of narrated or non-narrated tours, you can learn more about the history of the King William District or simply treat yourself to a quiet, romantic ride through the streets.
- What is included in the admission price?
Includes a narrated carriage tour.
- What methods of transportation does the King William Carriage Tour use (if any)? (Give specific vehicle description)
- Is there any walking involved?
- Approximately how long does the King William Carriage Tour last?
It lasts approximately 1 hour.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Great for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
- Where does the King William Carriage Tour depart from?
204 Alamo Plaza
- What sights will be seen from the motor coach?
King William Historic District
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the King William Carriage Tour?