Gatlinburg - Pigeon Forge, TN Winter Vacations Ideas
The Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge area in Tennessee is full of things to do all year long. Although the winter is considered the off season, there are plenty of things to do in Gatlinburg, TN during this "down time" for the area. Consider doing one or all of the following and you're sure to have fun while visiting and plan a Tennessee winter vacation.
- Dolly Parton's Stampede. This is a show full to the brim with entertainment. The Stampede cast includes over 30 horses and a large talented cast and crew. Full of trick riding, humor, music, racing and much more, this dinner show will have you talking all year long.
- Country Tonite. Join an incredibly talented cast, both young and old, for some of the best country music, dance, and comedy around. This fast-paced family show wasn't called the "Best Live Country Show in America" for nothing! Additions for the holiday season include Christmas songs that will remind you of Christmas past and caroling in the streets.
- RainForest Adventures. This all-indoor animal habitat includes waterfalls and jungle motif, and hundreds of animals. Lemurs, reptiles, tropical birds are just a few of the playful exotics you'll see. Live animal demonstrations are presented daily.
- Guinness World Records Museum. The book comes to life! Twelve galleries and ten shows display the best from the Guinness Book of World Records. The world's most unusual museum with many displays featuring some of the entries in the world famous book.
- Smokey Mountain Winery - Tour eastern Tennessee's oldest winery where award-winning wines are made. Tours and tasting are available.
- Dollywood. This is one of Gatlinburg's biggest attractions. You'll love the variety of thrill-rides as well as children's and family rides. There's nothing comparable to the great down-home country feel. There are some fascinating and alluring attractions at Dollywood. The Southern Gospel Music Hall of Fame pays tribute to the classic musical genre and displays its history. Smoky Mountain Home is a two-room replica of Dolly Parton's childhood home. Calico Falls Schoolhouse is a replica of a one-room log schoolhouse from the 1890s where kids can get a first hand account of what school was like in those days. The Tennessee Tornado is the only spiro-looping roller coaster in the nation. And you'll definitely want to see the Dollywood Express, an authentic coal-fired steam train for the whole family to ride. With the park decorated for the Christmas season, the sights are stunning and full of fun.
- Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort. A resort in a resort--enjoy the 120-passenger Aerial Tramway, go-karts, Alpine Slide and Indoor Ice Skating. See a Black Bear Habitat. Winter skiing and snowboarding are just some of the things to do at this resort.
- Winterfest. Winter is celebrated from late November to February by a spectacular display of lights. More than two million lights will light the area and give visitors a show they will not soon forget.