Guided Snowshoe Hike in Yosemite
Snowshoeing offers you a way to see the park from a different perspective while enjoying outdoor winter fun and low-impact exercise. No experience is needed for this sport—if you can walk, you can snowshoe!
You'll meet your experienced guide at the trail head where you will be provided with snowshoes, trekking poles and simple-to-follow techniques to get you out on the trail. Once you're ready, strap on your snowshoes and follow your guide along quiet trails, experiencing the Sequoia Grove in its winter beauty. Get incredible views of snow-covered mountains and meadows as you hike, and have plenty of opportunities to stop for photos and rest breaks. Wildlife can be easier to spot in the winter landscape; throughout your hike, your guide will keep an eye out for signs of deer, coyote, bobcats, bears and other creatures that inhabit the area.
Choose from two options for your family or group:
Beginner Snowshoe Hike
Enjoy a pleasant half-day snowshoe hike on a relatively gentle trail in Yosemite Valley or nearby trails. You'll be provided with basic snowshoeing instructions and the day's program will be tailored to your experience level. This activity is perfect for beginners and families. Expect to snowshoe hike approximately three miles on a tour that lasts approximately four hours. BRING 32 oz of WATER, LUNCH & SNACKS
Extended Snowshoe Hike
Travel along some of Yosemite's most scenic trails on a longer snowshoe hike with more dramatic elevation gains. These demanding hiking tours are perfect for experienced snowshoe hikers and will offer a different perspective on the Valley and High Country. Expect to hike about six miles on a tour that lasts approximately six hours. BRING 48-60 oz of WATER, LUNCH & SNACKS
Pickup & Return:
Yosemite National Park (exact trail head confirmed with supplier after booking).
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 9am
*You must reconfirm departure time with local operator.
- Snowshoes and trekking poles
- Local guide
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Snacks & lunch
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please provide your hotel and contact information (phone number, email and accommodations) in the Special Requirements box at checkout. Hotel information is for guides' reference only; pickup/drop-off is not included.
Please dress in athletic wear and bring water, lunch and snacks
- Age restrictions: must be at least 12 years old to participate in the extended snowshoe hike and at least 4 years old to participate in the beginner level hike
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to insufficient snow, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you select 1 person, you will be given a private guided tour