Windham Mountain in Windham, NY Facts and Information
Windham Mountain is an all season resort located in Windham, New York. Windham Mountain opened in 1960, and since then, it has been a thriving ski destination, especially for those looking for an escape to the country from bustling New York City. Winter activities offered at Windham include skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing on Windham Mountain.
- Top Elevation: 3,100 feet
- Vertical Rise: 1,600 feet
- Slope Length: 300 to 12,000 feet
- Number of Trails: 45
- Number of Lifts: 8
- 2 high speed quads
- 4 triples
- 1 double
- 1 carpet
- Uphill Capacity: 15,000 passengers per hour
- Total acres: 730
- Trail acreage: 257
- Snow Making Coverage: 98 %
Town of Windham
- Population: 1,600 (at 2000 census)
- Land Area: 45.4 square miles
- County: Greene
- Time Zone: Eastern Standard
- Geography: The town in located in the Catskill Mountains and partly within Catskill State Park. A stream called Batavia Kill flows past Windham.
Windham Mountain Information and Highlights
- Ski Season: Late November to early April
- Opening and closing dates are weather pending. Opening day sometimes falls before Thanksgiving, but most of the time is does not occur until after.
- Windham Mountain lodging: Winwood Inn and Winwood Condos
- Windham Mountain offers rental skis, snowboards, and equipment.
- Nearest Airport: Albany International Airport (63.89 miles away)
- With gourmet catering services and plenty of reception areas, Windham Mountain is an ideal place to host a wedding, meeting, or group trip.
Distance From Windham Mountain to Major Metropolitan Areas
- Albany, NY: 54.99 miles
- New York, NY: 148.62 miles
- Boston, MA: 204.01 miles
- Baltimore, MD: 328.52 miles
- Pittsburgh, PA: 469.01 miles
- Richmond, VA: 476.93 miles
- Detroit, MI: 557.80 miles
- Columbus, OH: 604.96 miles
- Chicago, IL: 812.82 miles
- Atlanta, GA: 1,001.63 miles
- Saint Louis, MO: 1,020.93 miles