Historic Bike Tour in Tucson
Enjoy cycling down the streets of Tuscon taking in the local atmosphere and history on the Historical Bike Tour in Tuscon, Arizona. This is a family-friendly activity. You can choose your departure times either, in the morning or the afternoon. You will have a professional, local tour guide. There's a space limit of 7 participants per booking. Each participant's height must be between 4'8 to 6'6. Participants heights must be provided at the time of booking. Participants must have basic bicycling skills. Booking includes the use of bicycle and helmet, bottled water, and snacks from a neighborhood marketplace. The duration of the Historic Bike Ride in Tuscon lasts 3-hours.
Your bike tour begins at the 4th Avenue Shopping District. The bike tour is an 11-mile ride through historic Tuscan. You will visit Old Pueblo. Ride across Rattlesnake bridge, as you hear stories about outlaws, and see murals.
While you ride and bike through Tuscan's historic neighborhoods you will listen and learn about the Native Americans, Spanish, and Mexican influences that makes Tuscan unique and what it is today. You'll also see and visit adobe homes, and ride on bike lanes on the University of Arizona Campus. You will have a tour guide.
Enjoy a relaxing bike ride down Tuscan's streets learning how Native Americans, Spanish, and Mexicans history influenced Tuscan to what it is today, and as you learn about Old Pueblo. Enjoy shopping at 4th Avenue Shopping District, as you take the Historic Bike Tour in Tuscan, Arizona.
Start in the morning or afternoon at the centrally located 4th Avenue shopping district. After a short bike and route orientation, enjoy colorful and historic Tucson on a relaxed 11 mile ride. Your friendly, knowledgeable guide will show you the best of The Old Pueblo.
Ride over the massive rattlesnake bridge, hear tales of outlaws, and peddle past impressive murals. As you explore the historic neighborhoods, you will learn about the Native American, Spanish, and Mexican influences that make modern day Tucson so unique. You'll cycle down narrow streets lined with colorful adobe homes and shrines. Zip along bustling bike lanes on the beautiful University of Arizona campus. The tour offers amazing variety!
End the day back on 4th Avenue just in time to grab a delicious lunch or head to happy hour. This small group tour of no more than seven riders will teach you everything you ever wanted to know about colorful, historic Tucson.
Pickup & Return:
4th Avenue Shopping District.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 9am or 1:30 pm
- Use of bicycle & helmet
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Snacks from a neighborhood market
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Riders must be 4'8" to 6'6" tall (142-198cm).
- All passenger heights must be provided at time of booking
- Basic bicycle riding skills required
- What is included in the admission price for Historic Bike Tour in Tucson?
The price includes the use of bicycle and helmet, bottled water, and snacks from a neighborhood marketplace.
- What level of physical ability is required?
Moderate physical ability is required.
- What is the policy in case of inclement weather?
The ride will still happen in the rain.
- Is Historic Bike Tour in Tucson guided or a non-guided timed equipment rental?
This is a guided activity.
- What type of clothing is appropriate?
Wear comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes.
- How many miles do we ride?
You will ride nine to eleven miles.
- What age is Historic Bike Tour in Tucson appropriate for?
It's appropriate for all ages. Bring the whole family!
- How long is the activity?
The tour is a little over two hours.
- Is parking available for Historic Bike Tour in Tucson? If so, is it free?
Free parking is available.
- Is photography & video recording allowed?