Rio Grande Gorge Scenic Float
This Rio Grande water adventure and rafting trip traverses the calm oxbows of the Orilla Verde National Recreation Area. The open canyon allows scenic views of towering basalt cliffs, high desert ecosystems, a lush riverside habitat, Class II rapids, and swimming.
Several Class II rapids occur throughout the outing, in between calm stretches perfect for swimming. We float through the village of Pilar, New Mexico where we will observe a quiet zone to minimize the impact of our passage through this historic, small New Mexico community.
Pickup & Return:
Pilar Yacht Club & Café, NM-570, Embudo, NM 87531, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Rafting and Safety Equipment
Does not include:
- Guide Tips
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it's canceled because the minimum isn't met, you'll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Masks Required in Vehicles
- What is included in the admission price for 3 Hour Scenic Float Through Rio Grande?
Includes snacks and rafting equipment.
- What level of physical ability is required?
Must be able to paddle.
- Is 3 Hour Scenic Float Through Rio Grande guided or a non-guided timed equipment rental?
This is a guided adventure.
- What type of clothing is appropriate?
Wear clothes that you don't mind getting wet.