Old Jail: 19th Century Jail Tour
Built in 1891 by Henry Flagler, the Old Jail of St Augustine has been around for over a century, but has held prisoners for only about 60 years of that duration. Take a guided tour with the jailers and explore the sheriff's quarters where he and his wife lived adjacent to 72 prisoners. Guests can visit the male and female cells, maximum security area and see a large collection of used weapons. You'll walk through the gallows that ended the lives of numerous criminals on this site and examine a large collection of guns used in actual crimes! Experienced deputies will share tales of justice and punishment when Florida was America's southernmost frontier. You'll come face-to-face with the South's most feared sheriff, Joe Perry. Enter if you dare!
- Please check schedule for specific dates and times.
- Tour length is approximately 90 minutes.
- This tour is appropriate for all ages.
- Tour is handicap accessible, however some areas may be restricted.
- Cameras and video cameras are permitted.