Spirits of Jerome Tour
When planning a trip to Arizona, a visit to Jerome and the Verde Valley are a 'must do'. On this 4 ½ hour tour, our guide will pick you up at your Sedona, Cottonwood or Jerome hotel, resort or timeshare in one of our comfortable, climate-controlled vans. While your guide narrates the rich history of the Verde Valley, you will travel through historic Cottonwood, once called the 'Bootleg Capital of Arizona' for good reason as you will learn.
From there, you will travel through historic Clarkdale, built by Senator Clark who owned the largest copper mine in Jerome. Clarkdale was designed as one of the first company towns in the United States. Next, begin your 1800 foot ascent up Mingus Mountain into Jerome as your guide relives legends and tales of several murders, suicides, tragic mining accidents and other acts of mayhem resulting in visits from ghosts, apparitions and spirits who linger in this eerily ghost town. You will experience some of the most panoramic and awesome vistas anywhere in Arizona. Your guide will narrate historic stories and legends about this former Billion Dollar Copper Camp once known as 'The Wickedest Town in the West'.
Upon your arrival in Jerome, you guide will drive you from the bottom to the top and all around this National Historic Landmark. You will be taken to back alleys, former brothel sites and other historic areas seldom seen by many visitors to this quaint, historic town. Your guide will supply you with EMF readers and lead you into numerous haunted buildings as well as taking you to sites where visitors from the past will make this a 'chilling and thrilling' adventure you will long remember. Be sure to bring your digital cameras as you are apt to capture orbs, shadows and other surprising phenomenon!
Site you will visit or see:
Learn about the rich history of Sedona
Historic Clarkdale and Cottonwood
Jerome's Famous Sliding Jail
The Audrey Headframe
Jerome's Famous Brothel Area
The United Verde Copper Company Owned by Senator William A. Clark
The Little Daisy Mine Owned by Jimmy 'Rawhide' Douglas
The Numerous Other Historic Sites
Transport and historic narration by a knowledgeable guide in a comfortable Van type vehicle is provided.
90 minutes on your own for shopping or lunch. Discount lunch coupons provided!
Pickup & Return:
Centrally located Sedona and Cottonwood Hotels.
Round trip transfers from your hotel, resort or timeshare in Sedona, Cottonwood and Jerome only.
Departure Times: Dusk
This does not include pickup times.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
- Bottled water
- $20 ticket included for food or drinks at a local restaurant
- Local and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from Sedona, Cottonwood and Jerome only.
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Please wear sturdy shoes as there are uneven surfaces. As we are at a higher elevation, please bring a jacket and warmer clothes in winter