Airport Mesa (plenty of vortex views),Bell Rock, Boynton Canyon, Chapel of the Holy Cross, Cathedral Butte,Indian Gardens, Montezuma Castle (Anaszi ancient cliff dwellings and bottemless well), Oak Creek Canyon, and Slide Rock State Park.
Walk Through and Highlights
As you explore the area start from the Coconino Nationational Forest take a walk/hike up the Bell Rock Pathway to view Bell Rock & Cathedual Butte. As you continue the journey of scenic Sedona passing southwest architecture of vistas on Chapel Road to the Chapel of the Holy Cross. Park at the bottom of the hill then walk up to the chapel to see beautiful gardens, you can go inside to see how it was built into a red mountain in 1957 or buy a souvenior. Travel down the winding and curvey road as you go to picturesque Oak Creek Canyon. Take Lower Red Rock Loop through Sedona pass Midgley Bridge & Indian Gardens both places are photo opportunities. A must, during the summer months is the famous watering hole at Slide Rock State Park where a natural waterslide of rocks to cool you off.
Allow 2 / more hours for the tour. See why Sedona is a place like no other.
Discover the untouched beauty of America's southwest! On this 2 1/2 hour tour, you will learn about the history and geology of this amazing area. You can shop for Native American jewelry and crafts, discover Sedona's unique vortex sites and get some tips on the best shopping and dining in town!
Ever wonder how Sedona got its name or why the rocks are red? Well, get all your questions answered and more on this wonderful introductory tour. Learn about Sedona's fascinating history. Your guide will show you breathtaking vistas and colorful points of interest as you learn about Sedona's past. This tour is fully customized according to the interests and abilities of the group. Before the start of the tour, your tour guide will go over the available options for the tour.
- A drive through Oak Creek Canyon, one of the 10 most scenic drives in the nation
- A stop at the Oak Creek Vista to take in the amazing views and browse Native American jewelry and crafts
- Airport Mesa, which offers the most breathtaking view of West Sedona and its famous red rocks
- Airport Vortex (short hike) - Your guide will explain the history and meaning of these "magical" places
- Chapel of the Holy Cross - Built in 1956, this beautiful, architectural wonder is built right into the red rocks of Sedona
Or you may substitute any of the following:
- Schnebly Hill Rd. - Sedona's first road out of the canyon. This primitive dirt road offers amazing views of Sedona
- Red Rock Crossing / Cathedral Rock - Visit the famous Cathedral Rock, seen in several films, walk along the beautiful Oak Creek, visit a vortex site, and more
- Other options include Bell Rock, Gallery Row, Tlaquepaque and Boynton Canyon