Colorado River Float Trip from Sedona
Take a scenic full day tour of the Colorado River and Grand Canyon and enjoy a picnic lunch on the river, views of canyon walls and wildlife, and historical tidbits and narration from a professional tour guide. To start your action-packed day, you will make your way through the Red Rocks of Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, and Ponderosa Pines of Flagstaff before navigating past the dormant volcanoes of the San Francisco Peaks on your way to the Navajo Nation. As each destination passes, you will hear trivia and stories about each landmark you see, as well as local geology and history of early settlers and the foundation of the area.
Wind through a 2-mile tunnel buried within the walls of Glen Canyon and down to the base of the Glen Canyon Dam, where you will board a multi-passenger raft and begin the floating portion of your full day tour! Pass by numerous colorful formations, Indian petroglyphs dating back hundreds and thousands of years, and listen to informational trivia as well as natural and human history as you pass by soaring cliffs and enjoy a picnic lunch on the banks of the mighty Colorado River. End your day-long journey at Marble Canyon and visit the cabins of early pioneers at historic Lees Ferry before returning to you hotel or starting destination, watching the scenery pass by as you relax in a comfortable motor coach. This is an amazing tour for adventurers-at-heart or first time visitors to the Grand Canyon, and you won't want to forget your camera to capture some of the beauty that awaits you along the Colorado River!
Recommended Attire - Comfortable and supportive clothing and shoes that are water friendly, as the majority of your tour is on the Colorado River. Hats, sunscreen, and sunglasses are also recommended for extra protection against direct sunlight.
- Lunch on the river.
- Visit to the Cameron Trading Post and Navajo Reservation.
- Trip to Oak Creek Canyon, Painted Desert, and Glen Canyon Dam.
- All river and rafting fees included.
- Guided and narrated tour.
- Approximately how long does the Colorado River Float Trip from Sedona last?
Approximately 12 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Appropriate for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Comfortable clothes/swimwear with the chance of them getting wet.
- Will there be time allotted for dining on the Colorado River Float Trip from Sedona?
Yes, there will be time to stop for a delicious lunch.
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Colorado River Float Trip from Sedona?
Both photography and video cameras are permitted.
- Is transportation to the departure location available for the Colorado River Float Trip from Sedona?
Yes, Hotel pick up & drop off is available.