Classic Historic Tour of Jerome Az
Classic Historic Tour of Jerome - Includes Jerome, Cottonwood and Clarkdale!
Departs from Sedona via Hotel or similar pickup
Length: 4 1/2 hours
When planning a trip to Arizona, a visit to Jerome and the Verde Valley are a "must do". Recently voted as one of "America's Coolest Small Towns" by BudgetTravel.com readers, the former mining town of Jerome is one of the most popular sites in Northern Arizona to visit. On this 4 ½ hour tour, our guide will pick you up at your hotel, resort, timeshare in one of our comfortable, climate-controlled vans. While your guide narrates the rich history of the Verde Valley, you will travel through historic Cottonwood, once called the "Bootleg Capital of Arizona" for good reason as you will learn.
From there, you will travel through historic Clarkdale, built by Senator Clark who owned the largest copper mine in Jerome. Clarkdale was designed as one of the first company towns in the United States. Next, begin your 1800 foot ascent up Mingus Mountain into Jerome. You will experience some of the most panoramic and awesome vistas anywhere in Arizona. Your guide will narrate historic stories and legends about this former Billion Dollar Copper Camp once known as "The Wickedest Town in the West".
Upon your arrival in Jerome, you guide will drive you from the bottom to the top and all around this National Historic Landmark. You will be taken to back alleys, former brothel sites and other historic areas seldom seen by many visitors to this quaint, historic town.
Site you will visit or see:
Learn about the rich history of Sedona
Historic Clarkdale and Cottonwood
Jerome's Famous Sliding Jail
The Audrey Headframe
Jerome's Famous Brothel Area
The United Verde Copper Company Owned by Senator William A. Clark
The Little Daisy Mine Owned by Jimmy "Rawhide" Douglas
The Numerous Other Historic Sites
Transport and historic narration by a knowledgeable guide in a comfortable Van type vehicle is provided.
90 minutes on your own for shopping or lunch. Discount lunch coupons provided!
Gratuities for guides additional.
Pickup & Return:
Centrally located Sedona and Cottonwood Hotels.
Departure Times: 10:00am Does not include pickup times
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- 90 minutes of free time included
- Discount coupons for lunch on your own
- Local and professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off from Sedona, Cottonwood and Jerome only.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Does not include:
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Please wear sturdy shoes as there are uneven surfaces. As we are higher elevation, please bring a jacket and warmer clothes in winter.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking