Viator Exclusive: Early-Access Food Tour of Pike Place Market
The Pike Place Market is one of the best places in the world for you to buy food, and you must be very willing to try out new foods. There are so many things that you will be amazed by, and you must decide to stop at certain locations for tastings. The tour guide knows all the vendors, and they find the best places to stop for a bite.
You must use the tour map for the market to mark the places you want to go when the tour ends, and you must have this tour scheduled for a day when you can truly explore the market. The tour allows you to eat well, and it gives you a chance to see the whole of the market in just one day.
The tour has their map and tickets online, and you must order your tickets right away so you can get in a tour group. They tend to fill up, and you do not want to be left out.
This is a wonderful tour for you to take because it shows you one of the most beautiful markets in the world.
Your behind-the-scenes tour begins inside Pike Place Market at the Market Theater, where you'll meet your local guide, a Pike Place aficionado who will regale you with fun facts and stories about the market's history as you enjoy your 2-hour tour. Come hungry, as tastings are plentiful and add up to a full meal!
Spend a few minutes gazing at the infamous chewing-gum wall, adding your own colorful mark if you want. Then head to the main entrance of Pike Place Market, listening to your guide's story about how the market got its start more than 100 years ago. Your first tasting is a cup of Seattle coffee — what else? Learn about how Seattle became the caffeine mecca that it is as a talented barista makes you a latte; steamers and tea are also available if you prefer. Continue your tour around the market, stopping at a total of nine different vendors to enjoy at least 17 tastings, from Seattle mainstays like smoked salmon and gourmet cheese to creative bites like szechuan flatbread.
Because your exclusive tour takes place right as the market opens, you'll avoid the crowds typically found later in the day, offering the chance to chat with vendors and merchants before they get busy. You can even go behind the counter at the fish market to toss a fish through the air, just like the market's famous fishmongers.
Your last stop is Fran's Chocolates, where you'll end your tour on a sweet note with a taste of delectable chocolate truffles and salted caramels. These sweets are favorites of President Obama and the First Lady and are given away at the White House. When your tour ends, continue exploring the market on your own, using your included VIP savings card to shop for tasty souvenirs and gifts to take home.
Pickup & Return:
Concludes at Fran's Chocolates, 1325 1st Avenue.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Professional guide
- Food and beverage tastings
- Savor Seattle VIP discount card valid for 10-15% off all partner locations
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note: Food allergies and diets such as gluten-free or dairy-free cannot be accommodated on this tour
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather; tours operate rain or shine
- Please bring a filled reusable water bottle for the tour, as you will be walking and eating for 2 hours. If you are unable to do so, water will be available for purchase at the starting location of the tour. Please arrive early to provide enough time to purchase water should you chose to do so
- Not wheelchair or stroller accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Tastings add up to a full meal; most people do not need lunch after the tour
- Stops are subject to change without notice