Pickups begin between 7:30 am - 8 am from your downtown Seattle hotel, as confirmed by you supplier. After pickup, head south to the mountain, arriving at approximately 10am. Take part in a variety of hiking and snow shoeing activities to experience and enjoy the park. Take a journey from sea level up to the treeline. Learn about fragile sub-alpine and alpine ecosystems supported on Mount Rainier's slopes, look out for wildlife such as marmots, pikas, elk, black-tailer deer, and even possibly a black bear.
Trip may visit the following:
- The glorious meadows at Paradise, with stunning panoramic views, and the visitor center. Take a short hike or snowshoe to appreciate the beauty of the mountain. In high summer, this area is famous for the ethereal beauty of blooming wildflower meadows. Following the hike, stop at the visitors center for lunch (own expense). The stop at Paradise last for around two hours including lunch and half an hour to look around.
- The modern, educational visitor's center at Paradise with exhibits that will allow you to learn about the mountain environment, the harsh conditions and hazards on the mountain. (Approximately 15-30 minutes)
- Reflection Lakes — glimpse the reflection of the mountain in these beautiful alpine lakes (15- to 20-minute stop)
- Inspiration point — spectacular views of Mount Rainier and the Tatoosh Range
- Narada Falls — this waterfall is a short walk off the highway and offers great sightseeing and photo opportunities (30-minute stop)
- The Nisqually River basin — this glacier fed river has been the site of multiple floods last century, frequently destroying bridges over the river. Learn about these destructive floods on a short hike (15-minute stop)
- Stevens Canyon Road — this spectacular mountain pass is open in summer and provides panoramic views of Stevens Canyon and Creek (45-60 minutes including stops)
- Grove of the Patriarchs -- here learn about the lowland forests and hike to discover a grove of trees up to 1,000 years old and 300ft high (45-60 minutes)
Return to Seattle around 6:30pm approximately.
Please note: in winter, when Steven's Canyon road and Reflection lakes is inaccessible, more time will be spent in the Longmire area and Nisqually river basin.
Pickup & Return:
Downtown Seattle hotel pickup is available. If you are not staying in a hotel available for pickup, pickup with be at the Pan Pacific Hotel.
Please confirm your pickup location with the supplier prior to travel.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: Pickups between 7:30am and 8am
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- National Park entrance fees to Mount Rainier National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (downtown Seattle hotels)
- Light refreshments and snacks (cookies, snack bars, bottled water, coffee, and tea)
- Guided hiking or snowshoeing including free use of snowshoes, and hiking poles (winter, spring, and early summer as appropriate)
Does not include:
- Lunch (available for purchase in the park)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 13 people per booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please dress appropriately: it is recommended you wear shoes with good grip, waterproof in winter, and breathable clothing layers that can be added or removed. Always pack one more layer than you think you will need
- A hat, scarf and gloves are recommended in winter
- Not wheelchair accessible