You are not going to want to miss out on this special place as you get to really discover everything that Seattle has to offer. It is going to be a great adventure and you will have the time of your life here. Spend your day discovering a great place as you go around the city as well as Pike place market and also the Boeing factory. You will have someone take you through all of these amazing places.
It will be the time of your life as you have a tremendous journey and you will be able to discover something special that you never forget.
City tour (3 hours):
After hotel pickup, your Seattle combo experience starts with a sightseeing tour of the city's top neighborhoods and attractions. You'll see famous landmarks like the Space Needle and drive through popular neighborhoods like Chinatown and the International District. Sit back and relax on board your spacious mini-coach while your knowledgeable guide provides all kinds of fun facts and stories about Seattle's rich history. You'll cover an impressive 50 miles (80 km) of territory!
At some locations, you'll stop and get off the mini-coach so you can take pictures and walk around a bit; these stops include historic Pioneer Square, the fascinating Ballard Locks (aka Hiram M Chittenden Locks) and a spot where you'll have an amazing view of the Seattle skyline, waterfront and, if it's a clear day, Mt Rainier.
See the Itinerary section below for a list of sights seen on the tour.
Pike Place Market (1.5 hours):
Your city tour ends at Pike Place Market, where you'll be dropped off for free time to explore the market and have lunch at your leisure (own expense). One of the country's oldest farmers markets, the multi-level Pike Place Market takes up 9 acres (3.5 hectares) of prime waterfront space in downtown Seattle. Watch the famous fish throwers just inside the main entrance; get lost in the winding maze of food stalls and shops; and have a bite to eat at one of the 30+ restaurants.
Boeing Factory Tour (4 hours):
After lunch, meet back up with your guide and board the mini-coach to head to the Boeing factory — about 25 miles (40 km) north of the city in the town of Everett — for your tour of the assembly plant and the Future of Flight Aviation Center. On the way, your guide will tell you a bit about the factory and can answer any questions you have.
When you arrive, a Boeing guide will take you on a behind-the-scenes tour of the plant, where you'll see where Boeing airplanes — including the 747, 767 and 787 Dreamliner — are all manufactured in the largest building in the world. As you look down on the factory floor, you can witness the assembly of the jets, and then head down to the flight line to see the planes being painted with logos from all of the airlines around the globe that purchase Boeing aircraft. You may also see a Dreamlifter — a 747 cargo plane designed to carry the Dreamliner's large parts to Everett for assembly.
You'll also visit the Boeing theater to watch a time-lapse film of the complete production of a 777 plane, and then follow your guide to the Future of Flight Aviation Center to round out your total Boeing experience. Interactive exhibits allow you to design and test your own aircraft and fly your own plane in the exciting flight simulator.
Your tour ends with return to Seattle and hotel drop-off.
Pickup & Return:
Downtown Seattle, Tukwila, Renton or SeaTac hotels.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 9am
Sights seen on the city tour include:
- Seattle waterfront
- Pioneer Square
- Waterfall Garden Park
- Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park
- Safeco and Qwest stadiums
- Chinatown and International District
- Lake Washington
- I-90 Floating Bridge
- Mercer Island
- Fremont neighborhood and Fremont Troll
- Lake Union and Ship Canal
- Fishermen's Terminal
- Ballard Locks and salmon ladder
- Discovery Park
- Magnolia Bluff and its beautiful homes
- Space Needle
- Seattle Center
- Pike Place Market
- Views of Olympic Mountains, Cascade Mountains, Puget Sound and downtown Seattle
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (you can buy lunch at Pike Place Market)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour package includes round trip transportation from most Seattle area hotels
- Children must be at least 48 inches (122 cm) to participate on Boeing tour. Visitors may not carry babies on the tour. There is no child care facility at the Tour Center, and there are no exceptions to these safety regulations.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location after you have received your confirmation
- Please allow up to 10 hours for door-to-door service