Pitmaster and BBQ champion Saffron will cover everything you need to know about selecting, seasoning, cooking and resting steaks. She'll share her competition BBQ secrets and give you all the knowledge you need to design and successfully prepare your own signature steak. Explore and compare multiple cooking techniques that can be applied indoors and on your outdoor grill alike. While digesting this new knowledge we will dine on your perfectly cooked steak, paired wine and finish with grilled, seasonal fruit.
In summary, what's included:
- Market shopping tour
- Education on what's in season, where it comes from and how to pick the best produce and meat
- 10-15% off vendor partners in the Pike Place Market
- Hands-on/demo cooking class guided by our chef
- Instructional cooking tips and tricks
- Washington premium steak from local farms
- A beautifully prepared Northwest gourmet meal and dessert made with the freshest local, organic ingredients
- The class recipes
- Wine is included in price
About the Chef: An award winning, competitive BBQ chef, Saffron is one of the most accomplished outdoor and live-fire cooks in the world. Her company, Bush Cooking, is the premier destination for outdoor cooking enthusiasts. With expertise on your backyard Weber Grill to Dutch Oven to Chuck Wagon to Smoke, Saffron's brings her deep experience and passion for outdoor cooking to Eat Seattle's classroom in fun and interactive classes designed to teach fundamentals that can be applied everyday at home.
Pickup & Return:
Departure Times: 3 pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Local taxes
- Viator brokerage fee
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
Does not include:
- The listed price does not include a $X parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately