Outdoor Rock Climbing Beginner Or Intermediate at Mt Erie
When it comes to trying new things there is always the concern about safety which is something that is really a concern so when there are things out there that are new to some there is more than likely a class to learn.
Rock climbing is something that was created for a thrill and is something that a lot of people do when they are outside. This is because outside was made for the people that are out there and want to do something new but have no idea where to start when it comes to the way that it works.
Climbing rocks can be fun for those of all age and is something that a lot of people do when they are outside which is something that makes everybody happy. This sport is not made for those that are scared of heights though as climbing rocks can go pretty high up which is something that makes those that are not scared have even more fun when they are climbing. There are skills that will be taught to everybody so that they have an understanding of the equipment while being safe having fun.
Having fun is something that the directors are there for and is something that helps make everybody happy. All of this is something that is done when there is fun going around the rock wall of the rocks that are outside in the real world. Either way this sport is something that is going to create memories that are never going to be forgotten when they look back at the photos that are being taken while they are doing the rock wall.
Duration: 8 hours
Ages: 7+ , minors require consent form
Prerequisites: No experience necessary
Skills you will learn: Checking equipment including rope, harness and shoes, knots, safety procedures, rappelling, Top-rope belay technique with multiple belay devices, catching your falling partner, practicing taking falls yourself safely and correctly, rock climbing communication, basic rock climbing technique and body position, lowering climbers and coiling rope. By the end of this course you will be able to pass any indoor gyms belay test.
Included: Professional rock climbing guide/instructor, all equipment and certificate upon completion.
Not Included: Snacks, drinks and appropriate clothes. General athletic clothes will do!
Equipment: All climbing equipment will be provided for you.
Location: Mt. Erie in Anacortes, Little Si or Mt. Washington near North Bend Washington
Transportation: Transportation not included
Time: Start time is 9am, however
Pickup & Return:
We climb at 3 different locations in Washington State. Mt. Erie in Anacortes, Little Si or Mt. Washington near Seattle at North Bend, or the crags in the Bellingham Area near the city Bellingham.
The standard booking is located at Mt. Erie near Anacortes. It is our suggested location because of amazing views. If you would like to select a different location please select the other location from the different tour options.
Departure Times: 9am start times for Rock Climbing, start times can be customized if necessary. Please contact if other time is required.
- Environmental Management Tax
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
Does not include:
- Entrance fees, some places we climb at might require a Washington State Park car parking pass called a discover pass, $10 for the day
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Gratuities (recommended for local guides)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund, because of the nature of sport rock climbing we are unable to climb in rain.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be contacted by us and be given the option of an alternative date or full refund. Can not operate in rain, will need to be cancel or rescheduled if it rains.
- Please dress appropriately in layers for weather changes.