The place is one of the areas that you can ever be3 sure of that usually have a lot of visitors during the vacation time. The best thing about this venue is when it comes to that moment of taking photos with the small group that is usually advisable to go together with. The guides who are there to make you during this two and half hours visit will ensure that you have learned everything that should be told to you.
The guide is well trained and has the skills that will enable you to learn different ways of navigating here. The best thing about this tour guide is that whenever you need their assistant there always there for you and even to teach you some of the information that you have never come to realize about the whale. Some of the big Dolphin and whale in the world are found in this beach and to view them it requires you to book in advance then plan when to come here.
The reason why the guides will always advise you to plan earlier is due to the high number of visitor that generally comes to this zone for their adventure. The Friday Harbor is the best one when you compare it with the others due to its location and the best way to view whales and their habitat.
Set between the jagged Olympic Mountains and the volcanic peaks of the Cascade Range, Mt Rainier — an active volcano encased in snow and ice — is the tallest peak of them all, standing 14,410 feet (4,392 meters) above sea level.
After your downtown Seattle hotel pickup, you're driven about two hours to Mt Rainier by Mercedes minivan or luxury SUV. Admire the surrounding old-growth forest, lakes, waterfalls and stunning wildflower meadows, and enjoy French-pressed Seattle coffee and pastries before setting out on your walk.
Depending on the season, your naturalist guide leads your group on a short walk or snowshoe trek (weather permitting) along the Nisqually Vista Trail, or possibly something a little more challenging if your group is up for it. Binoculars are provided to help you spot birds and wildlife like marmots, elk, deer, fox and maybe even the coyotes and black bears that roam the mountainside. Throughout the day, you'll make plenty of stops for photo ops and provided light snacks.
Your full-day Mt Rainier tour includes a family-style picnic lunch of locally sourced, organic food, accompanied by regional wine; if the weather isn't suitable for outdoor dining, you'll eat inside the visitor center.
After the 2-hour drive back to Seattle, your tour ends with downtown Seattle hotel drop-off.
Picnic lunch sample menu:
- Meat, such as grilled salmon or chicken, a sandwich or a wrap (vegetarian option available)
- Grain salad, such as quinoa with roasted vegetables
- Green salad
- Local wine, Pellegrino mineral water and soda
Pickup & Return:
Pick-up and drop-off at Downtown Seattle hotels, the Cruise Terminal, or the Hotel Monaco at 1101 4th Ave, Seattle, WA.
Returns to original departure point.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Downtown Seattle hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guided hike or snowshoe trek
- Morning coffee with pastries
- Light snacks
- Transportation by Mercedes van or luxury SUV
- Professional naturalist guide
- Use of snowshoe gear (during winter months)
- Warm clothing available on request
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please wear comfortable shoes suitable for walking
- Warm clothing is recommended during the winter months (snow jacket, sturdy hiking shoes, warm hat, insulated gloves, layers)
- Note: Inclement winter weather may result in road closures and other unpredictable changes to the itinerary, which the guide will adjust accordingly
- A maximum of 10 people per tour
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
|Mt Rainier Small-Group Tour with Lunch: 8am Departure|
|Available Now until 4/29/2019 View Detailed Schedule|
|Tour departs at 8am|