The people that you meet on this tour will change your perspective on art, and they let you know that you can buy new kinds of art that are developing in this place. Santa Fe is a lot like an artist's commune, and it should be treated that way because it brings you that much closer to the people who are painting and sculpting every day.
You are free to ask the tour guide questions during the tour, and they let you know who they would buy from. You might start a little art collection, and you could come to be friends with a few of these artists. These people want to get to know you, and they will let you know when they have new material coming out.
Take the railyard arts district tour when you have a penchant for art and culture. Let Santa Fe come alive on this tour, and get your tickets online where they are much cheaper than normal.
Someone who has planned to come on this tour could bring the tour group or family. You might take this tour more than once so that you can see more great art.
Meet at 1pm at the Santa Fe Railyard water tower. Over the course of the tour, you'll walk approximately a mile and a half while visiting two sit-down restaurants, a winery or distillery tasting room (depending on the day), and one additional food or drink establishment.
This unique tour focuses on the up and coming Railyard District in Santa Fe. This is home of the new Santa Fe, and you'll get to meet many of the chefs, distillers and brewers that are shaping this area today. Home to one of the top weekly farmers markets in the country, the Railyard District is where the locals go.
What brings this tour to life is the stories behind the restaurants you'll get a chance to visit. You'll learn about how the railroad redefined the American Southwest, who Fred Harvey is and how his legacy lives on to this day. You'll also get to explore some of the hidden corners of Santa Fe, learning about how the city has evolved over the last century and where it is heading into the next one.
A few favorite stops on this tour are (you will stop at four only):
- Joseph's of Santa Fe
- Cafe Sonder
- Santa Fe Spirits Downtown Tasting Room
- State Capital Kitchen
- La Choza New Mexican Restaurant
- Vivac Winery
- Second Street Brewery
Historical and cultural sights you will see include:
- Santuario De Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe (church built in 1777)
- Santa Fe Railyard Depot Building
- SITE Contemporary Arts Museum
- Gross, Kelly & Company historic warehouse building
- Santa Fe Farmer's Market (Tuesday and Saturday tours only)
- Historic ranchhouses and warehouses (including sites on National Register of Historic Places)
Pickup & Return:
Underneath the Santa Fe Railyard water tower.
The tour ends in the same place it starts - underneath the Railyard water tower.
Departure Times: 1pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Fun and knowledgeable local guide
- Two sit down food tastings, each with drink pairing
- One spirits or wine tasting (Tues and Fri tours are spirits, Sunday tours are wine)
- One other food/drink tasting (e.g. bakery, chocolate shop)
Does not include:
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This is a walking tour. Moderate amount of walking required -- tour is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) long, but spread out between the four stops
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- It is recommended to eat a large, late breakfast the day of the tour; Expect enough food to replace lunch, but also keep in mind the first tasting stop begins at around 1:30pm
- Locations visited are subject to change
- Child policy: if you are bringing children under the age of seven they do not require tickets. The walking route for all tours is stroller accessible. However, please bear in mind there is good deal of walking and listening involved, and some younger children may lose interest. While our tours are experience based and highly engaging, the content is not specifically geared towards children. At this time we are also unable to offer "kids menu" food items
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please specify if non-alcoholic drink substitutes are requested at the time of booking
- A maximum of 12 people per booking