You need to see if you can get tickets for the Canyon Road quickie because it fills up fast. You want to be ready for this ride when you show up for the journey. The journey is pretty exciting because you are given the view that you want of the Canyonlands.
The Canyonlands are exciting because they are so beautiful and look like no one has been through them before. You must be certain that you have taken as many pictures as you can, and you should see if the quickie ride can get you to the beauty spot that you want.
You can ask the tour guide questions on your ride, and you learn about the history of this area that includes local legends and the people who have been through this place before. You should get the Canyon Quickie ride in before you go about the rest of your day, and you might bring people with you.
The Canyonlands are exciting because they give you a piece of America that is really pretty. You could easily get this ride right now, and you should show up ready for a ride that might scare you and still gives a way to take great pictures?
Canyon Road is Santa Fe's historic arts district. Once a more rural, residential area, it is now home to over 80 galleries as well as shops, restaurants, and boutiques. Art enthusiasts will be delighted by this charming neighborhood, where each step introduces you to yet more artwork to enjoy. However, there is so much to see that you could spend hours on Canyon Road — that is, if you don't experience "art fatigue" just a couple of blocks in.
We've designed this walking tour to introduce you to the highlights, so you can get the full Canyon Road experience in just two hours. We've combed Canyon Road in search of galleries that are fun, unique, exciting, and demonstrate consistent quality. On this tour, you will see a range of work in different styles, and together with your guide, a local art historian and museum educator, you will spend time looking closely at the work on view, discussing what you're looking at, and chatting with gallerists and local artists.
At 2:00 pm, you'll meet your guide at one of Canyon Road's off-the-beaten path galleries, where the group will delve into the work on view through lively discussion. You'll learn an method for analyzing and interpreting art that you can use in any gallery or museum, with any work of art. Then, you'll head to a historic site that evokes the atmosphere of old Canyon Road, when it was a dusty, bohemian art colony. From there, you will visit a curated selection of 2-3 more art galleries that showcase the breadth and depth of artwork on Canyon Road. You'll finish the tour between 3:30 and 4:00 pm near the end of Canyon Road, so you'll still have time to hit some other galleries after the tour — or head to happy hour. (Santa Fe is famous for its margaritas, you know!)
- Visit Canyon Road highlights and hidden gems
- Enjoy the charming atmosphere of Canyon Road
- Meet local artists and gallerists
- Have engaging conversations about art
- Get an insider's look at Santa Fe's creative scene
Pickup & Return:
We will meet at a gallery in the Canyon Road area.
The tour will end a bit further up Canyon Road. We will walk approximately 0.5 miles one way.
Departure Times: 2pm on Fridays
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Small-group walking tour
- Local, professional guide. Our guides all have backgrounds in art, art history, and/or museum education.
Does not include:
- Gratuity for your guide is not included in the price of the tour and is always appreciated.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We will walk approximately 0.5 miles one way. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Santa Fe is hot and dry in the summer and can be cold and snowy in the winter. Please dress appropriately and bring bottled water with you.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Families with children under 10 years should contact us directly before booking. We offer a Family-Friendly Canyon Road tour that may be more appropriate.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.