A Matter of Taste
Many of us love visiting art museums and galleries, but how often do we get the opportunity to slow down, take a closer look, and really engage with what we're seeing? How often do you attempt to pinpoint why you respond a certain way to a particular work of art? This interactive tour is designed to get us to do just that, all while enjoying the atmosphere of three gorgeous — and very different — Santa Fe art galleries.
We'll kick off the tour at Nedra Matteucci Galleries, a landmark Santa Fe art gallery. Housed in a sprawling historic adobe, Nedra Matteucci Galleries specializes in work with a Southwestern flair by modern and contemporary New Mexico artists. There, we'll delve into an artwork on view through a handy method for art criticism. Next door, Peters Projects shows a range of fascinating artwork by local and international cutting-edge contemporary artists. After exploring the current exhibitions at Peters Projects, we'll head to Pippin Contemporary, a cozy gallery on Canyon Road that celebrates color. Through close-looking prompts and conversation, we'll probe what makes good art good, pinpoint what we personally respond to, and uncover what we value about art.
To conclude the tour, we'll visit Kakawa Chocolate House and taste tantalizing chocolate elixirs that stimulate the senses with unique combinations of herbs, spices, and fine drinking chocolate. Once you've selected your favorite, we'll continue the conversation while enjoying the Kakawa elixirs of our choice. One small chocolate elixir is included in the price of the tour.
- Practice tricks for art criticism
- Discuss what you like and what you don't
- Explore three exciting art galleries
- Have fun conversations about art
- Stimulate your senses with a unique chocolate elixir from Kakawa Chocolate House
Pickup & Return:
We will meet at a gallery on Paseo de Peralta near Canyon Road.
The tour will end at Kakawa Chocolate House.
Departure Times: 10 am Wednesdays and Fridays
- Small-group walking tour
- Local, professional guide. Our guides all have backgrounds in art, art history, and/or museum education.
- One small chocolate elixir at Kakawa Chocolate House
Does not include:
- Gratuity for your guide is not included in the price of the tour and is always appreciated.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We will walk approximately 0.7 miles. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Santa Fe is hot and dry in the summer and can be cold and snowy in the winter. Please dress appropriately and bring bottled water with you.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Families with children under 10 years should contact us directly before booking. We offer a Family-Friendly Canyon Road tour that may be more appropriate.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.