War in the Pacific Tour is a transformation experience!
Travel with our historians to the islands where the battles raged during the War in the Pacific, where "Uncommon valor was a common virtue." Our experts in WWII history will discuss the American and Japanese strategies and how these strategies actually played out on the Pacific islands of Hawaii, Saipan, Tinian, Guam and Iwo Jima.
The U.S. Army Air Corps fought in the longest sustained aerial offensive of the war. More Marines were sent to Iwo Jima than to any other battle. More medals for heroism were awarded for action on Iwo Jima than any battle in the history of the U.S. This is only an inkling of the history you will learn as you island hop through the War in the Pacific. On this extensive tour of the Pacific Theater of Operations, we cover several stops on the island-hopping campaign. We also aim to get a deeper understanding of the Japanese Empire, its culture and the mindset of its people and soldiers. In addition to seeing Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the destruction the atomic bombs caused, we also take time to marvel at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo as well as some of the shrines and natural beauty of mainland Japan, including legendary Mount Fuji. We then head over to Okinawa, the last big push towards the Japanese mainland, where we get the chance to learn more about the local culture and the Japanese Empire. Peleliu offers numerous relics of the war on both land and sea, as well as many other war-related sites in this exquisite tropical paradise. From Peleliu we hop to the Northern Mariana Islands, where American forces fought their way towards victory and see the airfields where Enola Gay and Bockscar took off.
Pickup & Return:
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- All activities
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Fixed-wing air tour
- Small-group tour
- Sightseeing cruise
- Transport by private vehicle
Does not include:
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of XX people per booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund