The Sutter District is named for Sutter's Fort, that starting point for just about all Sacramento! Fascinating history, notable landmarks and global food await as you stroll the tree-lined streets and explore off-the-beaten-path eateries.
This tour explores the very beginnings of Sacramento, from Sutter's colony Nueva Helvecia to food tastings at local hidden gems! You'll learn about how many diverse immigrant groups forged our great city and created its agricultural dominance as you eat, drink, and stroll.
Special dietary needs can be met with prior notice.
Though subject to change, typical tastings on this tour include:
- Croque Monsieur Sandwich, baked ham and gruyere cheese
- Chef selected artisan cured meats and cheeses
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Grilled Pork Spring Rolls
- Bahn mi chicken sandwich with fresh veggie toppings
- Fresh roasted organic coffee with unique blends
Pickup & Return:
Hawks Provisions at 1525 Alhambra Blvd.
Departure Times: 10:30 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
*Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the tour start time
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Food tasting
- Local guide
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible