Sutter District Tour
The Sutter District Tour of Sacramento takes you into this beautiful and historic part of California's capitol. The capitol is a glorious place to visit, and the Sutter District has many of the old structures that you will want to see. These buildings are beautiful, and they house businesses that might have been there for over a century.
The tour guide on this trip is a local, and they are very well acquainted with the Sutter District. They know how and why the Sutter District came to be, and they answer questions along the route. These people are very interested in you loving this place, and they also point out the places that will improve your vacation.
Take pictures on this tour because you want to remember the beautiful parts of the Sutter District, and talk to the tour guide about special photo ops. They want you to see how this district is juxtaposed with the rest of the city, and you might come back to this place as many times as possible on your trip because you cannot see it all in one tour.
Get your tickets for the tour online, and take a look at the map for this place. You might show up with an idea of where you want to go, and the tour guide could take some detours so that you see your favorite spots.
Sacramento is one of the most beautiful cities in the west, and walking through this beautiful old district gives you a new perspective on the sprawling nature of California.
The Sutter District is named for Sutter's Fort, that starting point for just about all Sacramento! Fascinating history, notable landmarks and global food await as you stroll the tree-lined streets and explore off-the-beaten-path eateries.
This tour explores the very beginnings of Sacramento, from Sutter's colony Nueva Helvecia to food tastings at local hidden gems! You'll learn about how many diverse immigrant groups forged our great city and created its agricultural dominance as you eat, drink, and stroll.
Special dietary needs can be met with prior notice.
Though subject to change, typical tastings on this tour include:
- Croque Monsieur Sandwich, baked ham and gruyere cheese
- Chef selected artisan cured meats and cheeses
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Grilled Pork Spring Rolls
- Bahn mi chicken sandwich with fresh veggie toppings
- Fresh roasted organic coffee with unique blends
Pickup & Return:
Hawks Provisions at 1525 Alhambra Blvd.
Departure Times: 10:30 a.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
*Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the tour start time
- Food tasting
- Local guide
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible